PDA

View Full Version : A320 LDR (over wt landing proc)

EGKK.
7th Oct 2017, 10:41
Hi all

Can someone point me in the right direction or give me a definitive answer on the additional distance required if OVR WT landing proc is applied when doing the calculations from the QRH?

I have been given a rough answer but I am struggling to find any reference in the manuals.

Thanks in advance :ok:

mcdhu
7th Oct 2017, 10:56
It's in the RH column of the "LANDING DISTANCE WITH FAILURE" and "LANDING DISTANCE without FAILURE" tables in the QRH PER in Flight Performance Section

EGKK.
7th Oct 2017, 11:21
Thanks.

Let me try to re word the question....

why do we add this distance and why does it vary with the type of failure?

Sidestick_n_Rudder
7th Oct 2017, 11:53
I remember reading and/or being told that additional distance in case of overweight landing is because you are supposed to touch down with a lower vertical speed than in normal case and thus the flare takes longer.

How exactly this is calculated for different failure cases - I doubt there is any answer oudside of Airbus performance engineering dept. I guess the extra distance will vary with approach speed for a given case

vilas
7th Oct 2017, 12:27
Basic reference distance varies with the type of failure. So the OW addition because of smooth touchdown requirement will also be different.

EGKK.
7th Oct 2017, 13:11
Good answers guys :ok:

This is what I suspected but just wanted to confirm. It would be good if there was a reference to this somewhere but I can't seem to find but it basically makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the replies.

sierra_mike
8th Oct 2017, 17:28
from an airbus WISE document

This “Overweight Ldg proc” correction reflects the application of the OVERWEIGHT LANDING procedure, such as:

• Longer airborne phase (modelled with 7 seconds and a touchdown speed of 98% of the approach speed on A330/A340 aircraft; 9 seconds and a touchdown speed of 97% of the approach speed on A320 family aircraft),
• Braking application is delayed until Nose Landing Gear touchdown (ground spoiler deployment still set at or near main gear touchdown),
• An adapted derotation to account for the smooth touchdown recommended in the procedure.

vilas
9th Oct 2017, 03:21
Sierra_mike
Thanks for the info. You could give us similar inputs on other issues.

sierra_mike
9th Oct 2017, 14:39
if i have helpful info i will of course share it ;)