PDA

View Full Version : ICAO Helicopter Ratings to EASA

OscarEcho
5th Oct 2017, 09:54
Hey fellows,

so I came across this question, but a lot of people tell me different things.. (even ATO's) :ugh:

Let's say I have an ICAO ATP(H) with valid Type Ratings "R66, AS350, BK117" on it. Since I'm done now with the EASA ATP-IR theory, I would like to get my type ratings "credited", but according to my ATO I basically have to start from zero.

Do you guys have a possible solution or explanation for it?

paco
5th Oct 2017, 13:29
If you are current and have more than 500 hours, it's just an LPC, not a full type rating course, as I understand it.

OscarEcho
5th Oct 2017, 18:36
Hi, thanks for the prompt answer!

That's indeed what some FI's say too, but then there are others who want me to fly/pay for 5hrs plus the check out- initial turbine..
(I got almost 2000hrs total in helicopters)

paco
5th Oct 2017, 19:07
Have a chat with with Helicopter Services at High Wycombe near Heathrow

Mustapha Cuppa
5th Oct 2017, 19:22
A follow up on Paco's posts

For completeness, and with regard to the transfer of type ratings only, herewith the relevant extract from Annex III to Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011:

C. ACCEPTANCE OF CLASS AND TYPE RATINGS

1. A valid class or type rating contained in a licence issued by a third country may be inserted in a Part-FCL licence provided that the applicant:

(a) complies with the experience requirements and the prerequisites for the issue of the applicable type or class rating in accordance with Part-FCL;

(b) passes the relevant skill test for the issue of the applicable type or class rating in accordance with Part-FCL;

(c) is in current flying practice;

(d) has no less than:

(i) for aeroplane class ratings, 100 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that class;

(ii) for aeroplane type ratings, 500 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that type;

(iii) for single-engine helicopters with a maximum certificated take-off mass of up to 3 175 kg, 100 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that type;

(iv) for all other helicopters, 350 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that class

paco
6th Oct 2017, 09:28
Aha! Thanks for that! I was in fixed wing mode! It's soooo boring reading those things!

OscarEcho
9th Oct 2017, 00:38
Awesome, thank you! I would just like to review some terms, used in that regulation:

"Category, Class, Type"

for (d)(iii) it should be easy - once I have 100hrs in any type (e.g. Robinson R44) I should only be doing a skill test.

...however, (d)(iv) is a bit confusing to me:
it says "for all other helicopters, 350 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that class" - (class = single engine helicopter)

:rolleyes: 350hrs as PIC and/or SIC in that class as total time?? Or what does "all other helicopters" mean??

Christopher Marques
31st Dec 2021, 14:35
Good year to all.

How many hours would | need to do to convert an ICAO CPL(H) to an EASA CPL (H).
I know that I need to do a all 14 ATPL exams. But I can't information regarding if I need to do a full EASA CPL or do a quick skill test.

Best regards and a happy new year