PDA

View Full Version : ME CPL/IR Options running out of time

ATIS31
4th Oct 2017, 20:16
Hi All
I am wondering if anyone has options on a good place to do CPL/IR in UK or Europe. My exams expire in middle of March and from what I can read the CAA need paperwork at least 10 days before that. Given the weather in UK at this time of year what are the options for getting it completed ? Are there any schools who could also do training at weekends to try and get it completed in time ? Are there any good schools in Europe ? I would of liked to do it in a Glass Cockpit but Diamond Flight Academy are fully booked till April and I don't know many other schools who could do it in roughly 8 weeks
Anyone got any thoughts on good places who could maybe fit me in ?

Thanks in Advance

Parson
5th Oct 2017, 06:40
I assume you have tried all the modular schools in the UK?

Themax23
5th Oct 2017, 07:39
Hi,

I did my CPL/IR/ME training at Egnatia Aviation in Kavala, Greece and it took me 3 months to complete everything. I also wanted to do it as quickly as possible so I contacted them and I could start a month later, with accomodation organised by school also. My experience was really perfect except for the Greek CAA which is a pain in the a** to deal with, so I recommend you keeping all your papers in UK. The school is using DA40 and DA42 with glass cockpit, in perfect condition with on site maintenance. The instructors are great and the program is well structured and easy to follow.

ATIS31
5th Oct 2017, 21:39
most of the schools in UK I contacted could fit me in no problem but they could not guarantee I would complete it all in time due to weather. I will check out the schools in Greece

skyboy83
6th Oct 2017, 20:26
If you try Global Aviation SA or Egnatia, 99% you will be super happy. I had finished in Global about a year ago.