PDA

View Full Version : Thai Fantasy Club

tasspook
22nd Sep 2017, 03:16
Thai Aviation Services Ltd | Asia Outlook Magazine (http://www.asiaoutlookmag.com/outlook-features/thai-aviation-services-ltd)

Not sure what kinda tree bark is being chewed/smoked down here, but this magazine article is proof positive that:

a. Journalists seem to believe whatever they're told without asking for objective evidence; and
b. A company that has basically been carried by ONE customer throughout its entire existence is suddenly believing its own bs and spouting off as though they are about to become a "force" within the SE Asian rotary-wing industry.

Very worrisome when the folks in charge cannot separate fantasy from reality. :ugh:

BOBAKAT
22nd Sep 2017, 05:10
And ? What is the matter ?

gulliBell
22nd Sep 2017, 05:37
They must be doing OK to afford to ferry an S92 4000 nm to Brisbane for a paint job. The fuel bill alone on that ferry is eye-wateringly expensive, let alone what the new pimped-out paint job would cost.

212man
22nd Sep 2017, 06:14
Aren't those Ned's photos? I don't see any credit!

tasspook
22nd Sep 2017, 06:35
And ? What is the matter ?

Nothing, simply calling out corporate bullsh!t for what it is and any publication willing to act as a mouthpiece for same.

Thomas coupling
22nd Sep 2017, 09:39
I think you have a personal grievance tasspook.....move on.

tasspook
22nd Sep 2017, 10:17
Thomas coupling

If you don't like the thread, just ignore it, but thank you anyway for your insightful contribution. Those in the know on this topic......well......know. You, on the other hand, do not. Move on.

Apate
22nd Sep 2017, 10:19
Article reads OK to me. Me thinks it's tasspook that needs to get a grip on reality!

tasspook
22nd Sep 2017, 10:48
Article reads OK to me.

The fairy tales my kids asked for at bedtime also "read ok".......but it didn't make them any less untrue.

Thomas coupling
22nd Sep 2017, 11:27
Yawn..........................

Frying Pan
22nd Sep 2017, 11:41
Hmm..it's an Asian website advertising an Asian helicopter company, or at least selling them space. Of course it's marketing sh$te, what would you expect? What damage can it do? Really.

212man
22nd Sep 2017, 12:09
Hmm..it's an Asian website advertising an Asian helicopter company, or at least selling them space. Of course it's marketing sh$te, what would you expect? What damage can it do? Really.
Not an Asian website:
Outlook Publishing Ltd.
2nd Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich

Thomas coupling
22nd Sep 2017, 12:32
About Us | Outlook Publishing (http://www.outlookpublishing.com/about-us)

BOBAKAT
22nd Sep 2017, 12:56
Welcome in Thaïland.... ;)

pilotmike
22nd Sep 2017, 17:06
This turned out not to be what I was expecting.

BigMike
23rd Sep 2017, 02:01
It's called click bait isn't it.... 😉

Old Farang
23rd Sep 2017, 02:53
Welcome in Thaïland.... ;)

This is the correct answer!!!! :D

malabo
23rd Sep 2017, 03:42
Suwanawat is a proud and savvy Thai. After 30 years of a forced partnership with a foreign company vacuuming TAS profits, and having to host ungrateful expats, they finally are in a position to go it on their own. More power to them for parlaying the skills and culture from the Canadian helicopter company to their benefit. Ditching CHC also shed being tied to an incongruent EASA mindset and was truer to their successful Canadian origins in SE Asia.

Don't know how long any of you would have put up with a Thai helicopter company operating offshore out of Aberdeen, with Thai pilots living in the Chester getting paid four times your wage. For a country that's never been conquered I'm only surprised they didn't pull a Brazil and kicked all round-eye pilots out. No, the locals could not finesse 12 passengers off a hot deck with an A++, but like Brazil they could have dumbed down and still moved the crews safely if not as efficiently.

So Tasspook, what's your beef?

G0ULI
23rd Sep 2017, 05:36
St Benedicts Street is in one of the older, edgier, arts and crafts parts of Norwich. Lots of restaurants, alleyways, beggars and drunks, rubbing shoulders with two branches of Cash Converters and several pay day loan type companies. Wear stout shoes when walking.

tasspook
23rd Sep 2017, 08:21
This turned out not to be what I was expecting. Lol, sorry bout that, my bad! :ok:

Suwanawat is a proud and savvy Thai.If by savvy you mean spending the last 30 years hanging the survival of the company on ONE primary customer with effectively ZERO track record of obtaining additional, long term, lucrative contracts (save for the occasional nickel and dime tempo contract), then yeah, he's "savvy". :E

they finally are in a position to go it on their ownReally, you think so do you? The non-fact checked bs in the article notwithstanding, on what basis does one make an assertion that they are finally in a position to go it on their own? Is it their highly experienced commercial team, with a demonstrable track record? Is it their considerable financial resources mowing down the competition? Seriously, I'd like to know, because if history is ANY indicator, they are going to continue doing the one and only thing they seem to be good at, which is clinging to the one and only contract that keeps this company alive.

I have always held that one should believe at best 50% of what one reads and considerably less of what one hears. As someone who knows a thing or two about a thing or two, this article should be taken with a massive amount of salt.

nbl
23rd Sep 2017, 12:44
I agree - I only believe 50% of what you write. You obviously do not work there any more .

tasspook
23rd Sep 2017, 13:49
I agree - I only believe 50% of what you write. You obviously do not work there any more .

Shows how much you know, you chose the wrong 50%. :D

Outwest
23rd Sep 2017, 15:27
I'm pretty sure I know who tasspook is and I'm pretty sure he still works there.....

Apate
23rd Sep 2017, 22:25
If tasspook does still work there - it's no wonder that the locals on SE Asia get a bit pi**ed of with the expats. The stupid attitudes that the minority have (and don't mind showing everyone) spoil things for everyone else.

It pi**es me off too!

tasspook
24th Sep 2017, 02:20
If tasspook does still work there - it's no wonder that the locals on SE Asia get a bit pi**ed of with the expats. The stupid attitudes that the minority have (and don't mind showing everyone) spoil things for everyone else.

It pi**es me off too! You're breaking my heart here, allow me to fetch you some tissue. :yuk:

It is interesting to note the reactions to this thread. The only direct reference being made to the nation where the company in question is located has been by a few seemingly thin-skinned responders. So tell me, if the company in question was, oh say, a Bristow, HNZ, PHI.......and someone came out calling bs on a news story about one of them, how many of you would run to your keyboards, tears streaming down your face as you furiously banged out your emotional "defense" of something you probably know nothing about? I think we all know the answer to that question. :hmm:

I'll say it again, this magazine article is suggesting that because the shackles of a 30 year corporate partnership have finally been broken, this company is now somehow magically poised to breakout and become a genuine "player". They've already had 30 years to demonstrate business acumen that involves more than just protecting a one customer revenue lifeline and haven't been able to do it.