PDA

View Full Version : n or g reg

nonturbo280
12th Sep 2017, 22:20
hi ..ive bought an enstrom 280 to learn to fly .ive a couple of hundred fixed wing hrs its currently on the g reg ..it seem impossible to get anyone to do maintenance here in ireland .the guy who used to maintain it in the uk dosent travel .he s a very good engineer and is very helpfull but has enough to do in the uk ..is there anyone doing work on enstroms that will travel ..also is it an advantage to have it on the n reg ...the hassle with maintenance out ways any pleasure flying it .. i bought it as it has a great safety record ..am i goin to be forced to buy a robinson or an experimental machine .. i can bring it to uk 2.5 k over and back .dont fancy the over water flying.

Saint Jack
13th Sep 2017, 08:59
Given what you have said about the availability of maintenance support be careful of putting your new helicopter on the FAA register, you may find yourself jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Try to do some due diligence and determine the availability of either an FAR Part 145 Repair Station with the Enstrom 280 on their Ops Spec or, a friendly A&P mechanic, preferably with an IA, who is Enstrom 280 qualified - and willing to travel.

chopjock
13th Sep 2017, 09:11
If you don't like flying over water, consider trailering it for maintenance, blades come off easily. :ok:

nonturbo280
14th Sep 2017, 17:09
midlands .near portlaois