PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Exams under Polish CAA

horus23
11th Sep 2017, 06:59
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to sit exams in Poland and I was trying to find official Exam timetables in their CAA website but the last one you can find there is from 2013 and it's a broken link.

Anyone who did it lately can explain me how is the process for booking the exams, like, if there is a limit of applicants for every month or requirements to book in advance (I mean, if there is a chance of not being able to sit exams in certain month because it's full or not), where can I find this timetable if it does exist?

I would like to do my initial Class 1 Medical in Warsaw in my first trip to the country. Anyone suggestion where to do it and how much it would coast will be much appreciated!

Thanks!

RedBullGaveMeWings
11th Sep 2017, 15:52
You don't need to book in advance. Every month a session is held for around 9 days and you can go there without booking. You just need to register in the morning and tell the ladies at the entrance what exams you want to take.
As for the medical, I did mine at the military aeromedical center and you don't need to book it either, you just need to be there around 7/8 in the morning to register and you'll have your certificate around 2 in the afternoon.

Military Institute of Aviation Medicine (http://www.wiml.waw.pl/?q=en)

Michael S
11th Sep 2017, 19:27
But if you like to be sure your place is guaranteed you can easily book in advance.
Once you file your application for exams you'll get your login credentials to the online booking system.
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

horus23
14th Sep 2017, 09:17
You don't need to book in advance. Every month a session is held for around 9 days and you can go there without booking. You just need to register in the morning and tell the ladies at the entrance what exams you want to take.
As for the medical, I did mine at the military aeromedical center and you don't need to book it either, you just need to be there around 7/8 in the morning to register and you'll have your certificate around 2 in the afternoon.

Military Institute of Aviation Medicine (http://www.wiml.waw.pl/?q=en)

I emailed them and the timetable for 2018 is coming out only in November. They sent me the 2017's timetable though. I noticed that the test week is starting usually in the first Tuesday of each month, unless the month starts on Monday or Tuesday.

Can I do as many test as I want in a day as long as I have time to do it by just going there then?

Thanks for all the information. This military aeromedical center was the only good result I had found in my research, now with your recommendation it seems like a really good idea. :ok:

But if you like to be sure your place is guaranteed you can easily book in advance.
Once you file your application for exams you'll get your login credentials to the online booking system.
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
It's never a bad idea to book in advance, specially when you are flying from another side of the planet to get there. Thanks for the advise. ;)

RomanK
15th Sep 2017, 09:23
Can I do as many test as I want in a day as long as I have time to do it by just going there then?

Yes. When you come there the day X, you tell ladies which subjects you will do and then go for it. You can do one subject and exit for rest/eat/drink and then go for next one.
In 2016 exams were from Tuesday till Thursday of next week but next Friday is also possible with prior confirmation (only last Friday need the confirmation, other days don't require it but just login/password as for any subject any day)

Thanks for all the information. This military aeromedical center was the only good result I had found in my research, now with your recommendation it seems like a really good idea. :ok:

I did my class 1 in LuxMed (only one medical center located somewhere between Chopin Airport and ULC). Administratif staff speaks english but not doctors so it was a test with "hand-speaking". I got my certificate at around 13h30. But LuxMed requires prior booking

horus23
15th Sep 2017, 14:48
Got it,
Just one last question. For General Navigation, or any other subject that could require additional material like charts, do they provide whatever you are required to have to do the test or should I buy and bring something with me? I ask it because in UK CAA there are some Jeppensen manual that is used in the test, and in my WBT even some questions require them to plot and measure some stuff but I don't have any printed material.
and another option to consider for the Class 1, I appreciate :ok:

RomanK
16th Sep 2017, 08:38
You cannot bring your own charts or any kind of paper. Only calculator is allowed but not a complex programmable one
For charts, most frequently used charts are preprinted and available but if not, you write down chart number you have in your question and give it to ladies for printing. In 1-2 minutes one of them will bring you printed chart (except there was at least one question requiring full format jepessen chart and ladies will also provide it).
You can choose first subject that doesn't require any chart and you will see how other guys asks for charts
All you need is yout ID. Paper, pen, calculator, plotting stuff, computers - everything is available there (but if you want to use your computer and calculator - you are allowed)

Jolax
16th Sep 2017, 18:27
Is ULC making changes to their current question Bank?

horus23
17th Sep 2017, 12:55
Good to know that I can use even their computer! So I won't need to break the windarm of my CRP5 to calculate average winds if I find questions of that kind haha!
Thanks!

inabw
6th Nov 2017, 12:21
Hi guys,

Where could i find the timetable with the scheduled days for the exams (2018) ?
Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

RomanK
8th Nov 2017, 19:00
Last year the schedule was published about the 14th of November. So check this page in 1-2 weeks:
www.ulc.gov.pl slash pl/personel-lotniczy/komisja-egzaminacyjna/egzaminy-teoretyczne/3962-egzaminy-teoretyczne
and look for link 'Plan egzaminów teoretycznych na 2018 r.'

inabw
8th Nov 2017, 23:45
Thanks a lot mate.

LightShade
13th Nov 2017, 10:01
Anybody can figure it out where the 2018 dates are?

pilot freak
30th Nov 2017, 14:37
http://www.ulc.gov.pl/_download/personel_lotniczy/komisja-egzaminacyjna/za%C5%82%C4%85cznik_do_obwieszczenia_L_12_29_11_2017.pdf

valent1501
4th Dec 2017, 10:20
Perfect ! The first sitting will be in February for me ... enjoy !

MattyZ
8th Dec 2017, 13:21
RomanK

Actually I was on my PPL theory in October this year, I saw people with Casio's FX series calcs entering, so scientific one is allowed.

alphajet01
18th Dec 2017, 19:05
hi guys ,

im planning to sit exam in poland , cant find date for 2018 atpl exam? also wondering if they mooved for new quadrant style or still using the old system .

RomanK
19th Dec 2017, 20:25
hi guys ,

im planning to sit exam in poland , cant find date for 2018 atpl exam? also wondering if they mooved for new quadrant style or still using the old system .
Check message 14 in this topic

edhelms
23rd Jan 2018, 22:59
How is the exam in Poland?. Are there supervisors who controls you?

Jolax
24th Jan 2018, 21:49
How is the exam in Poland?. Are there supervisors who controls you?

Lol good luck with that!

valent1501
28th Jan 2018, 19:55
hey Guys,

I just receive my login and pass from Polish CAA to access ATPL theorical exam, and
subscribe different sessions.

On the website, I saw the planning, all slots already booked when I planned to come at Warsaw ( In 3 weeks). Someone know if I can go directly to exam center and see if a place is free for sitting my exams or it's too late?

thanks a lot

valent1501
29th Jan 2018, 09:38
Thanks a lot for informations Veltro :ok:

vatir
28th Mar 2018, 00:14
Hi Guys,
Is there an advantage (or disadvantage) to sit the Exams in Poland? Are they easier?

KT1988
28th Mar 2018, 00:54
I believe its exactly the same ECQB question bank everywhere since its EASA that is giving it to the test centers. And its based on your luck if you get the 10 % new and 10 % changed questions or if you get for example 5 % or 30 % unknown questions.

Mani20096
28th Mar 2018, 19:40
Hi guys
I have class 1 uk medical and if i do my atpl in poland.do i need to do my medical again in Poland??
Also how is the exams in Poland,Easier or Harder then UK....
How does the sitting work in poland, any ideas???

alphajet01
29th Mar 2018, 03:15
anyone recently tooked exam in poland , can feed us with some experience , and feedback , and wish question bank is almost close to the questions .
tks

RomanK
29th Mar 2018, 14:04
Mani20096, no you don't need to pass class 1 again for 14 ATPL exams. Just do your exams there and you will have a certificate for CPL/IR practical so you could go to UK or stay in Poland or choose third country for practical training
If you mean ATPL integrated - you will need FE approved by UK if you wish to have UK licence

About difficulty of exams - I finished mine more than 1 year ago. It was not easy nor very difficult. But I didn't try UK exams so not able to compare
I know that now there are some open answer questions but its not very difficult. And question bank like aviationexam helped me a lot (but it is not perfect QB)

africanflyer747
7th Apr 2018, 21:41
Hi,

could someone tell me how much the exams cost in Poland please

thanks

Jaair
8th Apr 2018, 00:38
Hi,

could someone tell me how much the exams cost in Poland please

thanks

€260 for all 14 exams (may include some resits too).

africanflyer747
9th Apr 2018, 13:43
Hi,

thanks Jadair,
does anyone know of the exam costs in the Czech Republic ?

thanks

pilot freak
11th Apr 2018, 08:26
I have heard from an ATO in Poland that from September this year the Polish CAA will switch fo a new database and therefore with open queations. Anyone has more info on this?

RomanK
11th Apr 2018, 16:45
I've heard there were already some open questions some months ago but these questions are not difficult

Jaair
23rd Apr 2018, 17:36
Open questions? Are you referring to the quadrant questions they introduced in the UK? Where did you hear they were introducing that in Poland?

Jaair
23rd Apr 2018, 20:30
He said new database not quadrant, i'm assuming that means new questions not answer style

Ah, I understood open questions as open-ended questions which I assumed to be quadrant.

emilio123
16th May 2018, 19:32
Maybe you are right, I could be wrong as I seen now what you were referring to

How are the exams in the Netherlands and Belgium?

WingMan1903
24th Sep 2018, 11:06
hello guys, I’m planning to attempt all 14 subjects at the Polish Caa.
Do you have any news about new questions that are releasing, if they are going according to the EASA ECQB4?
Are they planning an huge update of questions? From which database are you studying from? I tried aviation exam QB and it seems much more useful than Bristol but still don’t know if is enough for the polish caa. Is there someone that is attempting exams on 2018/2019 can answer me straight.

Please give me all the info, I’m a bit scared.

Thanks a lot guys!

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history

WingMan1903
28th Sep 2018, 17:27
Hello my friend, I’m planning to apply for the Polish CAA too. They also required the same certificates that is easy to obtain. Do you have any answer for my previous post? Thanks :)

WingMan1903
29th Sep 2018, 15:10
Perfect! I’m using Aviation Exam too and hopefully Is gonna be enough for passing the all exams as you said before. Thank you for the info!
Have a nice day

Tony Cid
31st Jan 2019, 19:04
Hey Wingman ,
How did it go with your exams ? I’m starting them in 5 days . Was aviation exam enough ?
:)

tmlplt
10th Feb 2019, 09:07
Hi guys,

About to take my first atpl exam soon at Polish CAA. From my PPL, I remember that we are allowed to use computer's calculator (Windows Calculator basically). This calculator has couple of mods including temperature & miles to ft conversions. My question is, can we use these mods or we are only allowed to use standard mode for +-/* ?

Cheers.

popo_von_kox
11th Feb 2019, 08:20
If it is not blocked, then feel free to use it. BTW - there are few Cassios and other calculators in the box left of entrance. You can use them too if you don't feel like using one in the PC.

tmlplt
11th Feb 2019, 08:37
Yeah so my question is, anyone remembers if it is blocked or not :)

inabw
11th Feb 2019, 12:19
Talking with some polish guys, they told me that av exam and atpl questions are perfect to prepare one session.

pilotmike7
13th Feb 2019, 14:17
Hi,

Does anyone know the current price for the ATPL Exams in Poland?

KT1988
13th Feb 2019, 21:07
Actually its changed to 1068 PLN I paid in February so its the most recent price. As for the exams I am using Bristol to learn and Aviation Exam to practice questions.

phillaw15
20th Feb 2019, 19:16
I contacted the Polish CAA about the exams and the price above is correct as of yesterday. One thing i though was strange though is you have to pay for all 14 exams at once and cannot do this individually so if you get a resit situation you need to pay for all 14 again when you may only need a couple.

benny_sze
21st Feb 2019, 13:14
I contacted the Polish CAA about the exams and the price above is correct as of yesterday. One thing i though was strange though is you have to pay for all 14 exams at once and cannot do this individually so if you get a resit situation you need to pay for all 14 again when you may only need a couple.

No, the price includes 2 resits for all subjects

phillaw15
22nd Feb 2019, 09:55
Thanks for clarifying as it seemed strange, i guess the CAA explained it wrong.

phillaw15
22nd Feb 2019, 09:58
Can any of you guys who have sat the exams in Poland advise which is the best EASA QB to prepare?

KT1988
13th Mar 2019, 12:58
I have just started, first I did General Navigation so question bank was just to be sure I know how to calculate everything. No point learning the numbers in the questions so I do not know how much unknown questions there was but the system got stuck 4 times so I lost like 3 minutes on this. And no pre printed map was useful for chart questions so I had to wait for the exam supervisors to get me the proper maps printed. I took another 5 minutes. So had too little time for the exam and it all ended with just 85 % (but passed is passed :) ).

As for the next easier exams I did comms VFR and IFR its easy either way but I noticed that more than 25 % of the questions were new absolutely not like in Aviation Exam (happily its easy so got 95,83 % on both either way). And Bristol is good to learn the stuff but their questions look like self-made (or maybe people get such questions in the UK I do not know) and nothing like the real questions in Poland. So now I am gonna buy atpl question and do their questions too since many people said their questions are more similar to the EASA ones. Since I would prefer not getting so many unknown questions on some harder exams that require memorizing and not calculating like gen nav, planning, performance or mass and balance.

PS. Just started ATPL questions, found out they got like 2 questions in their bank from the new ones I got on my exams. When training for human performance I noticed they miss a lot of anatomy questions that Aviation Exam got, are those questions removed or reduced and I just didn't get the info about it or is it just a lacking data bank. But maybe combining Aviation Exam and ATPL questions its possible to get 75 % known questions on the exam.

WingMan1903
14th Mar 2019, 18:44
Hey Tony, I'm sorry for the late answer, but I'm checking this forum randomly and forgot to set the email notifications.
Regarding the exams I'm about to start In few months, what about your first attempt? Can you let us know how were the questions and if Aviation exam is enough? Thank you so much and best of Luck!!

KT1988 could you explain in details how it was helpful studying GNAV for you from aviation exam? Was it enough for Polish caa exams?

Thank you!

KT1988
14th Mar 2019, 22:16
@WingMan1903: As for the General Navigation I learned the stuff from Bristol and Aviation Exam was helpful cause they had a lot of questions unknown to me where I could test my knowledge and see if I do the stuff correctly. Plus of course those very few theoretical questions were helpful especially to learn how the question creators are sometimes trying to trick you when in a hurry wanting to answer quickly to have more time for calculations. There are also some old questions that can appear still on real exams that are seriously tricky for example you get a VOR no radial and you are asked which other VOR is 185 NM away. If you make a circle of 185 NM a very accurate one like Aviation Exam explainers did it hits 3 of the VORs so you will not do it more accurate on the timed exam..... so knowing its KIRKWALL can help in case you draw one of those old questions. The new ones are probably more quality checked and not created just to make you get a wrong answer (without your fault in it).

The thing you must be aware of is that you will use a lot of more time than doing exam with 60 questions in Aviation Exam. Cause I did them in like 1 h 45 min. In the real exam your PC may hang up for like 30 secs on some questions losing 2 mins for you, then you need to get the attachments from the exam supervisors and it can take many precious minutes. Then from human factors we know that excessive stress cause performance to deteriorate. So due to those reasons I had to guess the last 4 questions (ofc. wrong guess) and received 85 % if I did not calculate almost all the rest of the stuff correctly it could have been a failure. Maybe without losing time on the PC and charts the result would be over 90 % like I hope to achieve as average from the 14 exams. But now a days probably a first time pass is hopefully good enough to get invited by the airlines for interviews.

WingMan1903
15th Mar 2019, 17:40
Hey MT 1988, first of all I wanted to thank you for the very good detailed informations and if you don’t mind I might ask you more questions.
How much aviation exam helped you? Because I’m gonna use that one and you said that after Bristol thanks to Aviation exam you were able to answer to many questions. Like I would like to know how many differents and new questions (that weren’t present in Aviation exam)have you found at the official exam of Human and GNAV?
Regarding the time that you have lost because of your fault that’s sucks a bit because it’s always better to have 2 hours and use it fully, they can simply give as a manual with all the charts and other papers.
Do we have to bring our Jappesen manual or they will provide it to us?

Thanks a lot :)

KT1988
17th Mar 2019, 02:39
@WingMan1903: As for Aviation Exam in General Navigation it helped me in the way that I could practice questions with calculations that were not in the Bristol question bank. I did not memorize the questions from Aviation Exam cause its pointless in subjects where you can calculate the answers and its very easy for EASA to change the numbers each year so the answers will be different. But training with Aviation Exam helped me to solve the calculations much quicker and be sure that I do it in the correct way.

As for subjects where you actually can remember questions from your training cause they ask about information and not to calculate then for VFR and IFR comms there was about 30 % unknown questions but they were easy and similar to those in Aviation Exam so it went well. As for Human Performance I trained with both AviationExam and Atpl question and when I got my questions there were about 75 % or 80 % known questions so I passed the exam with ease. But it was maybe just good luck, since if you have perfect luck you can actually draw 100 % known questions since the old questions are still used for the exams together with the new ones.

As for jeppesen manual I have not used it to train since Aviation Exam give you pictures of charts for the plotting questions. At the exam you are not allowed to bring your own charts so you have to use those that the have printed already or if your question ask you about a different chart you have to ask them to print it for you when you check the attachment and see what chart you need.

Right now I am re-reading Bristol theory about Radio Navigation and then doing the questions in Aviation Exam and ATPL question to see what I already understand and what to work more with or memorize better. I plan to pass Radio Navigation, Instruments, Operational Procedures and Air Law in the April session (my second one). Then I believe most work will be required for Principles of Flight, Flight Planning and Monitoring, Performance + Mass and Balance which I will do in May and finish with Airframes and Systems + Meteorology in June. So all will be done in 4 sessions, and in case something extraordinary happens (I hope not) I got 2 spare sessions left.

Good luck with your Exams!

WingMan1903
20th Mar 2019, 17:46
KT1988 Thank you again. Yeah you are right, mostly of the cases we need luck, depends sometimes we find all new questions and sometimes just old ones.
Anyway what are you reading exactly in Bristol? You are doing questions or just reading the explanation? I can admit that Aviation Exam is much better regarding the calculations and theory.
And also, how do you manage to do the exams In April, May and June? Because sometimes I'm so worried to start that I would take more time for reviewing especially with the starting of the most difficult subjects.
So I will not bring any Jeppesen Manual because as you said It's forbidden to bring yours, but I might need it for Flight Planning because sometimes from the pictures of Aviation Exams takes a bit of longer time.
I wanted to also ask, how many subjects you can attempt per day? And if I remember correctly when I spoke with CAA there are 8 days in total per month (From Tuesday till Friday) for both weeks, am I right?

KT1988
20th Mar 2019, 21:17
I am reading the theory stuff in Bristol on ATP digital everyone at our school got one and we had to pass all progress tests etc. to be allowed to take the exams. Its a lot of good theory there explaining how to calculate different things.

As for doing the exams you are allowed to pass as many as you manage each day, but I do not advise passing more than one except the comms since they are easy. The new thing is that you have to reserve for May and June or risk not being let in on an exam since they made a new system of reservation of examinations. But you can actually reserve and resign if you do not feel ready no one will force you to start your exam.

As for doing my exams I sit 14/7 each day and learn stuff ofc if I do not get 100 % on every try in aviation exam, bristol and atpl questions I will not start my 2nd session (In the first one I did General Navi, 2x comms and Human Performance). My plan is Radio Navigation, Instruments, Operational Procedures and Air Law in April, Principles of Flight, Planning, Performance and Mass and Balance in May, Airframes and systems + Meteorology in June. And 2 sessions in reserve just in case (plus eventually time in June to do an extra exam).

You do not have to worry cause if you start one session you do not have to do the next session in next month you got 18 months to pass everything. I try to do it quickly because if I manage to get done quickly I will be able to get all my licenses this year (MEP(L), ME/IR, CPL + FI ). But ofc. its more important to get first time passes so I will not go if I am not sure that I will pass. So then it will take more time if necessary. Just remember everyone learns theory in their own pace so everyone have to consider their own pace, since only you know how fast you can learn.

popo_von_kox
21st Mar 2019, 08:54
Guys, just be advised, that there have been some massive changes in queue and registration system for exams. Check announcements on CAA site.

youngretired
2nd Apr 2019, 17:42
As I spoke with my friends taking exams today, Poland may have started to ask brand new questions in GNav and Flight Planning. Almost 10%. So try to study from couple dbs or more if you can.

777rolling
2nd Apr 2019, 21:55
Hi,
Can anyone help me with the question banks for the ATPL exams, please?

Thanks. :)

KT1988
3rd Apr 2019, 09:57
Just a little feedback about the new system of reservations, I went on Tuesday for my 5th exam radio navigation. I was there about 10:00 and got place 54 on the without reservation list. Got in for my exam before 13:00, as for the exam itself I was extremly lucky to get about 80 % questions from the question bank so it ended with 95,59 % and the chance of over 90 % average is still there for me (at least before doing principles of flight, performance etc.). As for other exams I was doing General Navigation in March and the only problem was little time due to the system freezing and having to get the charts printed (the pre printed ones were not asked about) passed it with only 85 % but had to just click the last questions and did not have luck on my side.

If you are training for general navi well then remembering everything from the questionbank is not the good way. Its good to remember stuff like the question where EASA wants you to answer that the sun is going around the earth (its against logic and even knowing what they want you to answer you feel like its wrong) but the calculations should be learned its much, much, much easier than remembering numbers for 1000 questions and you will pass no matter what they ask about if you know how to calculate it. As for planning I planned it for May so I can not say much about it.

Tomorrow I will go for Instruments its a day without reservation so I am afraid the queue may be longer than on days with reservations. Cause until now both days with reservations were the ones with easiest access and no need to stand in a queue after you write down your name you can just sit down and click retrain some tricky questions on the phone while waiting. Or just relax and try to remove excessive stress since it worsens performance as we know from human performance exam :)

PS. Some more feedback: On the day without reservation I got there like 10:30 it was only a very short queue for the exam so it went smoothly no more than 1 hour waiting. As for the Instrumentation exam the amount of known questions was still decent around 70-75 % questions from question banks. And not a single one of the strange (outside of syllabus or with confusing text) questions from Aviation Exam that were supposed to be retired so maybe the CAA really removed them (funny thing is that most people still learn them just in case). Result I got was 90 % (so the dream of over 90 % average is still alive). One of the different/new questions was strange since it was an RA red square at the same level without any arrows indicating any movement of it so I answered according to the attachment..... and it was wrong I dunno why since they did not inform what is the correct answer. But I did not bother to do anything since pass is pass and I can live with 90 %

777rolling
6th Apr 2019, 06:52
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I already hold an ATPL from another country. Looking for question bank if anyone can share. :)

WingMan1903
8th Apr 2019, 14:58
KT1988 Hello KT1988, thank you for updates as always really useful :)
I'm happy to hear that you are passing the exams with a good score, that's really the goal for all of us here sitting and learning everyday :)
Regarding Radionav and Instrument is not bad that there were almost the 75%/ 80 % of the question bank, and I have some more question to ask you; You were saying that in instrumentation there weren't the strange ones from Aviation Exam or that the CAA removed them, what does that mean?
And also you were saying that in Atpl Questions regarging Human performance was explained better in Aviation Exam, I really don't know if I should use also ATPL questions database or stay just with Aviation Exam, or maybe buying also the membership of Atpl questions and study first in ATPL questions an then move with the same subject in Aviation exam but you know it takes a lot of time.
I just know that AViation Exam explain the topics really good but it's a really slow database regarding the updating of the new questions (they update new questions once every 4-5 months). And also, are you all studying from Aviation Exam in standard mode level or in Exhaustive level?
Thank you in advance and I wish you good luck with the rest of the exams in this session, please let us know how was your experience!

KT1988
8th Apr 2019, 17:27
@Wingman1903: As I said its all pure luck what you get, today I had my Operational Procedures Exam. Did like 100 % in all 3 questionbanks (Aviation Exam, Atpl questions and Bristol) and passed exam with only 85 % and like 40 % unknown questions. While everyone else said its like the question banks so its luck what you draw. I got no questions about CAT I, CAT II, CAT III, nothing about RVR, nothing about hydroplaning etc. one question about extinguishers while question banks got a lot, one question about distance between aircraft on approach nothing about takeoff etc. Absolutely no one of the gyro or polar chart questions that took a lot of work to learn to solve. There were many questions about anti-ice and de-ice but different from the ones in question bank, and one question about T9 track I answered it was north-south south-north one and the one with lesser requirements for navigation equipment but obviously it was wrong and the exam did not tell me what was the correct answer. Got also some questions about NAT that were different from question banks and one new but pretty nice one about why and where aircraft can get ice after landing in a warm environment it was a good one I solved nicely but not included in any question bank.

So learn stuff and think questionbank will definitely not save you if you are unlucky on some exam, I passed with 85 % I am not very satisfied but pass is a pass and still the average is a tiny bit above 90 % so the dream lives on about not only first time pass but an average that will look nice to the airlines.

As for instrumentations stuff like single phase AC generator and other confusing questions where you can read in the comments a comment from AviationExam that it have been removed it has probably really been removed. Or maybe I did not see those questions on my exams.

PS. As for learning I feel the real questions are a little bit more like atpl questions than Aviation Exam but not everything. So what I do is: learn from bristol groundschool (we got one with bristol questionbank for 1 year from our school as part of the 0-ATPL + FI) then work with atpl questions question bank and after I get 100 % on exam tests on atpl questions I move over to Aviation Exam exhaustive database and do exams to see if I know enough to manage unknown questions and work there until I get close to 100 %. Then I do some times bristol groundschool exam questions since they are so different and I see if I also get passes all the time there to see if I can manage new and strange questions. Its my way of doing it but I understand not everyone want to buy all the questionbanks and work so much with it. I do cause I want to be sure I can manage it on the exams, we only got one chance to get first time pass and a decent result to show to the airlines. And the airlines will not know what we do really know before the technical interview....so those results may do the difference between who is getting the interview. So I sit and work as much as I can.

On Friday I will see how Air Law will go if I manage it then it will be 8 in 2 sessions. So I hope I will get done in 4 sessions until June (unless in the mean time there will be a Nordica assessment for airline job guarantee program at our school (for PPL(A) (with time build) pilots the rest of the training MEP(L) IR/ME, CPL will be done according to what Nordica want (then I will have to train for that instead ) which will mean I will probably get all my licenses this year. But I do not know when the assessments will take place so currently I just plan to get done as fast and good as possible with the ATPL(A) theory.

asmith474
8th Apr 2019, 17:46
about to start studying my atpl. which question bank would be most similar to the polish one ?

KT1988
8th Apr 2019, 21:47
As I said there is no "best question bank" for everything. What I can say is that Atpl questions and Aviation Exam are the most realistic ones, while Bristol got a great theory e-learning course in the ATPL groundschool but their questionbank is only good to train how you do with unknown questions after having previously trained in the other 2 questionbanks. I advise to train with both questionbanks since its not even a mentionable cost compared to the cost of the flight training in total.

WingMan1903
11th Apr 2019, 20:12
KT1988 Perfect thank you for everything! I wish you good luck for Air Law (tomorrow) and please let us know how it went.
I got everything and nowadays unfortunately we have to use more databases because we can’t expect what is gonna be at the official exams, I was in doubt if to start at the polish CAA or at the Slovakian one, I don’t know which one work better and which one has more questions like database, but since is EASA that is keeping sending new questions at the CAA’s then it’s almost the same everywhere, correct me if I’m saying wrong.

Thank tou again mate and best of luck, hopefully you’ll pass also Air Law :)

KT1988
12th Apr 2019, 14:39
@WingMan1903: As for the Air Law the draw was pretty ok almost everything from the questionbanks so this time more luck than with Operational Procedures. But the result I got was 91 % since I messed something with the numbers for radar separation between parallell runways and holding area. Said it was 5 NM while it was 3 NM probably. I remember words pretty well and stuff like MDA/H, DA/H, CAT etc. itd. But numbers are hard to remember when you cannot learn to calculate them like in calculation subjects. And in Air Law you just to need to remember the number as the answer. But 91 % is ok I can live with it the average is still over 90 % after 8 exams. But the worst will be in May with Performance and Planning where you sometimes have to guess like people say because when you draw on the chart its so inaccurate that 2 answers are too close to each other. But it have to be possible somehow since people are passing it.

Now I am starting with Principles of Flight. Planned: Principles of Flight, Performance, Mass&Balance and Planning for May session. Then for June there will be only airframes and meteorology exams left for dessert.

WingMan1903
5th May 2019, 10:22
KT1988 Good afternoon, thank you for the response.. Happy to hear that you are succeding with your exams, good luck with the exams and please let us know about the one on May.
Have a nice day!

KT1988
5th May 2019, 17:07
@WingMan1903: Because of different private issues I were not able to study as much as I would like to in April so I am not sure if I will be passing stuff in May (I do not wish to risk failure) but if I do I will tell about it.

tripleslavin
20th May 2019, 14:01
In Poland guys is there a limit in number of sittings and no of exams per sitting. Thx

youngretired
20th May 2019, 18:47
6 in total sittings. 4 is the limit of fail for single subject. When there are too many people they may apply subject limit for single sitting. Also subject limit applies for the working hours (9:00 to 15:00) Plus they may be flexible about working hours occasionally depending of the crowd size (8:00 - 16:00)

maxar
20th May 2019, 21:31
I used Aviation Exam and Atpl Exams question banks. atpl exams is so relevant and free for a long time.you should try it out..

varso
21st May 2019, 09:20
Hi y'all, I used AE to prepare myself for Polish CAA exams & it payed off really well, now I'm selling my account for 60€ and personal notes for additional 50€. Good to luck to all of you!

Hawker400
21st May 2019, 15:13
Hi y'all, I used AE to prepare myself for Polish CAA exams & it payed off really well, now I'm selling my account for 60€ and personal notes for additional 50€. Good to luck to all of you!
Selling personal notes 🤣

anto125
22nd May 2019, 11:14
Guys beware that atpl sessions are getting more and more messy, I finished my exam in september and there were a lot of people queing and I almost got my last exam invalidated because I finished 5 mins after 3 even if they let me in..be prepared and register in advance if you able
​​​

KT1988
1st Jun 2019, 13:19
Have anyone done the Performance exam in Poland? Because there are multiple opinions about the Class B SEP graphs. For landings do we use LD when they ask about distance and LDR with factorization when they ask about distance required? Or is it like someone wrote in Aviation Exam that we totally disregard LDR unless its clearly stated in the question that it is a commercial flight and only then factorize with 1,43 ?

Because the best answer I got from someone who sat the exam and passed was that he did it on the feeling. Well I do not wish my score and first time pass depend upon if I got a lucky or unlucky feeling on the exam, so maybe someone know what they really expect.

Banana Joe
1st Jun 2019, 17:22
2 years ago the graphs must have been printed in low quality. Also, you would go to the lady to ask her to print it while your clock was ticking. Not really efficient.

KT1988
1st Jun 2019, 19:29
@Banana Joe: Well what is being done is going through the questions writing down numbers of attachments and then asking for them to be printed. While they are being printed you do all the other questions. Then in the remaining time do the graphs at least those that cannot be done well enough to be sure by using the mouse pointer on screen.

Either way the point is factorization whether or not we should disregard LDR and only factorize when its clearly stated commercial flight or if we should factorize when its written LDR like in the question bank. Because learning the numbers from the question bank it just takes ages because you have to learn all the numbers to be sure it is the exact question.... and there are new unknown questions.

A little feedback since I did 2x exams already in the 3rd session, principles of flight and mass & balance. First of all there was no queue for the exam so I got surprised, then second of all maybe it was a bad draw but I drew on both exams like 40 % unknown questions (and I really did all in both question banks and for mass & balance I am sure I would remember a question if I saw it before). In priniciples of flight I failed one correct vs incorrect question so it automatically failed the next question asking about the same thing. In the end 82 % and the worst exam result from 10 exams done, then mass & balance got probably even more unknown questions but the subject is so easy I still got 93 %, should have got 100 % but misclicked some calculations in the calculator looks like. The first time pass is still alive and average over 90 % with 4 exams left.

Now I plan to do Performance on monday and if manage to be prepared enough do Planning on friday, then only airframes and meteorology will be left for 4th session in July. By the way Airframes and Meteorology got 80 and 84 questions.... so it should be very easy because statistically its almost impossible to get over 25 % unknown ones + you have to fail like 20 or 21 questions to fail. All exams should have so many questions the more they are the less impact on % from getting some very strange question.

Some more feedback: did not meet any LDR graph (just casual LD) on my Perfomance exam or any of the strange questions got 93 % result and the exam was not bad, but probably I also had a lucky draw. I will do the remaining 3 exams in the 4th session in July. Planning is the only hard one left for me, and if someone is interested there was so to say no queue in June. In July according to the man at the CAA it will be much more crowded so its good to come early.

JMC23
4th Jul 2019, 21:55
Hi guys new to Poland and their CAA so play nice.

I’m planning to convert my ICAO ATPL(A) to EASA CPL(A) with ATPL theory credit.

First question, I have been told I don’t need to attend a formal ground school and can sit the ATPL exams as I wish, can someone confirm or deny this?

Secondly how do I get the login details to access the Polish CAA exam booking system? Ive checked the website and emailed the listed contacts to no avail.

Thank you in advance 👍

youngretired
5th Jul 2019, 19:56

First question, I have been told I don’t need to attend a formal ground school and can sit the ATPL exams as I wish, can someone confirm or deny this?

Secondly how do I get the login details to access the Polish CAA exam booking system? Ive checked the website and emailed the listed contacts to no avail.

Thank you in advance 👍
You just need to apply them directly with the forms they provide for the application. Then they'll provide the user/pass to your email.

JMC23
6th Jul 2019, 16:46
You just need to apply them directly with the forms they provide for the application. Then they'll provide the user/pass to your email.

No worries thank you for that. Unfortunately the link on the website for the application form(s) doesn’t work correctly and the person to email is away, ideas?

Also does anyone know if you have to complete the exams in the one EASA state? Ie you could do some in Poland and some in another EASA state?

RomanK
3rd Aug 2019, 13:04
asmith474, these 5.5 months should start at the moment you are enrolled into the course, I mean registered by the school as a student. It is definetely not related to the session in Lodz. Check it with Bartholini
Why it is 5.5 months? Because the course contains, if I remember well, 650 hours of self-study that takes about 5.5 months of normal studies.
And these 650 hours are an EASA requirement, so, normally, it shouldn't be shorter in another EASA country

Bjornolf
3rd Aug 2019, 15:01

Thank you in advance 👍

If you send an e mail to Chief of Theoretical Examiners, they will answer within one week. They will send application forms, exam fee as well.

You can use "Contact" page in Polish CAA's web site in order to find e-mail.

asmith474
3rd Aug 2019, 15:13
asmith474, these 5.5 months should start at the moment you are enrolled into the course, I mean registered by the school as a student. It is definetely not related to the session in Lodz. Check it with Bartholini
Why it is 5.5 months? Because the course contains, if I remember well, 650 hours of self-study that takes about 5.5 months of normal studies.
And these 650 hours are an EASA requirement, so, normally, it shouldn't be shorter in another EASA country

Thanks for the reply. I'm already registered as a PPL student. So how would the 5.5 months thing work now ?

youngretired
3rd Aug 2019, 21:36
Thanks for the reply. I'm already registered as a PPL student. So how would the 5.5 months thing work now ?
You have to receive your PPL licence and apply to ATO with it as a ATPL Theory student. Then the clock starts ticking for you.