PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Replacement.

DADDY-OH!
6th Sep 2017, 13:31
Hi,
I'm a B757 Captain & I've just been diagnosed with Stage 4 Arthritis in the shoulder, requiring a shoulder replacement. Does anyone on here know any aircrew who have had the procedure, or indeed, had the procedure themselves & managed to keep or regain their CAA/EASA Class1 Medical Certificate?

Many thanks in advance.

421dog
21st Sep 2017, 01:50
I have a chrome hip, and didn't have any problem with my subsequent FAA medical.

I'm an FAA AME, and it's really not a big deal. I've helped several applicants with joint replacements, and with appropriate documentation, (like having a physical therapist mimic the sorts of maximal efforts the applicant would be likely to encounter in the performance of his duties), I've never even had the regional flight surgeon ask for a SODA

SpeedFanatic
7th Dec 2017, 15:05
Hi,
I'm a B757 Captain & I've just been diagnosed with Stage 4 Arthritis in the shoulder, requiring a shoulder replacement. Does anyone on here know any aircrew who have had the procedure, or indeed, had the procedure themselves & managed to keep or regain their CAA/EASA Class1 Medical Certificate?

Many thanks in advance.

Hello,

Leave me a message on [email protected] .

Cheers,