PDA

View Full Version : a320 Go around phase

Jkotows2
5th Sep 2017, 16:05
If for some reason you had a discontinued approach (flaps are zero) i know you should not go to TOGA and you should disarm the approach. My question is if you stay managed nav will the MCDU sequence to the missed approach?

thanks

safelife
5th Sep 2017, 21:05
Nope. It will sequence to done, like after a landing.

RUMBEAR
5th Sep 2017, 23:03
If you discontinue the approach then it must be assumed you will be positioned away from the approach course and then have another go? In this case the waypoints in the FPLAN will stop sequencing and Approach phase will remain. A second approach is available.

If you fly a missed approach in approach phase ( I.e. Don't activate missed approach by selecting TOGA), the missed approach waypoints are available to the end of the missed approach. The destination now has sequenced and disappears so to fly another approach you need to define a new destination and approach. Our FCOM is a little unclear on this so tried it in the sim and this was the result.

Flo121142
5th Sep 2017, 23:46
I can confirm that the destination does indeed disappear if you overfly it in approach phase. Happened to me recently when we were pulled off the approach before glide slope capture (previous departure had a birdstrike and they had to perform a runway inspection) and were told to maintain runway heading. Putting the destination airport in the new destination field will make it possible to put the approach back in for the second approach.

vilas
6th Sep 2017, 05:52
GA phase is unique. It's only purpose seems to be to give you GA guidance and string back the approach flown because it doesn't give predictions or speed. In any other phase if you over fly the destination it will be sequenced.

Fursty Ferret
6th Sep 2017, 16:59
As RUMBEAR said, provided you're in NAV it'll follow the missed approach until you run out of waypoints (including overflying the runway and turning). If in selected modes or FD off then it'll reset as you pass over or close to the landing runway.