PDA

View Full Version : Is it best way to become a pilot of particular airline?

bpn333
31st Aug 2017, 13:46
Hi! there!
Do you think that it's best way to be a pilot of a particular airline to go same flight school where there is a particular Airline cadet course?

For example, if you want to be a pilot of Virgin Atlantic, you should go to CTC?

Of course I think it doesn't matter where you graduated, but do you think it become more easy to be employed?

Central Scrutinizer
31st Aug 2017, 14:26
If you want to work specifically for a particular airline the best way is to ring them up and ask them boldly where their pilots come from. Tell them you want to become an eligible candidate for them and want to know the best way to get there. They should appreciate you getting in contact with them and will tell you what you need to know.

Another way is to ask the pilots of that airline how they got there.

But usually "wannabe" pilots don't target a specific airline, they'd be happy if they can fly for remunaration, regardless of the airline. At least during the first couple hundreds/thousands of hours. Then you'll be in a position of more or less "freely" choosing where you want to work.

PA28161
1st Sep 2017, 13:42
Good reply. Once you're in with an airline and have built sufficient hours to at least unfreeze your ATPL, 1500 inc 500 jet hours, (if that's the route you pursued), then it's more or less a direct entry scenario.
If you're a cadet then I guess being badged up to CTC/L3, OAAA, et al helps for the integrated guys.

bpn333
2nd Sep 2017, 03:12
Thanks guys!!
According to Central Scrutinizer advice, I will seek and contact pilot and ask them.
Actually I want to join Hongkong airlines.
They have their cadet program for HK residents on CTC/L3.
I can only attempt to CTC take off course, but it's bit expensive.
And of course, no guarantee and I have to get another job to build flight time.
So I consider another cadet course what foreigners can apply or linetraining.