PDA

View Full Version : original bose headset adapter

geneticistx
18th Aug 2017, 01:18
Hi all,
i just picked up a couple of orignial Bose Aviation headsets for dirt cheap for back seat px.

At the end of the cable from the headset is a female 9 pin adapter, in other words there are 9 holes.

Can anyone direct me to the place where to find the adapter to this headset to go into a regular GA aircraft mic/intercom system?

My names Turkish
19th Aug 2017, 09:42
The big online retailers all have them. In the UK i got one from Transair and I recall seeing them in the U.S on Sportys.

fortybelow
19th Aug 2017, 15:05
If you mean the ORIGINAL original ones (with the clear back where you can see the diodes etc) you will also need a power supply which might be harder to source.

I had this headset in the 90's flying a beaver in NW Ont and it had a rechargeable battery pack (which plugs into and powers the adaptor) and the adaptor you are looking for, but unfortunately after keeping it in a box for 15 years or so (couldn't bring myself to throw it out) I had to finally sh*tcan it when I left NZ last year (tried to donate to local avionics shop for spares but the girl there looked at me in astonishment and said "whats that old thing, never seen one before" - fair made me feel old...)

You could try contacting Bose direct for the battery pack, they might have one on the back of the shelf somewhere, or talk to an avionics shop about building one for you (was just a sealed pack of individual rechargeable cells).

Hope you can find what you need, would gladly give you my old one if I still had it.