PDA

View Full Version : LIPS and a conflict of interest

777boyindubai
17th Aug 2017, 08:06
Hi All,

Just back from a few days in Sandland. HOT, expensive and most of my old colleagues look even older than I do due to the madness that is EK rostering.

Most EK pilots are members of LIPS (A mutual scheme for pilots set up by pilots) PD was working for EK and even after leaving remains on the Board of LIPS.

When you leave EK you also resign from the LIPS scheme. Yet it seems, allegedly, that he is STILL in charge which is clearly a conflict of interest and continues to make decisions on the scheme whilst collecting a salary while living abroad.

Several ex-colleagues mentioned this to me so seems a sore issue.

Some comments, please?

Praise Jebus
17th Aug 2017, 09:57
777 can you elaborate on the conflict? Is he working for another insurer or the medical advisory board used by API ? Thanks.

Wingman82
17th Aug 2017, 10:42
I resigned 2 months ago due to this fact and some others

yardman
17th Aug 2017, 14:31
A thought just struck me. Can we as members of LIPS vote for who sits on the committee? I couldn't find anything in the by-laws but given that there are vast sums of our money involved I think it would be appropriate and transparent if we could. Much like APC.

Any LIPS committee members care to respond?

LIPS Support
17th Aug 2017, 17:14
If you have a question for API, please visit our website at Aircrew Protection International | Dashboard (http://www.aircrewprotection.org), go to the Member Support section and click the green box that pertains to your question. This will open a support ticket form for you to fill out and allows the entire Support Team to view your question, provide you with a timely and accurate response and allows us to maintain a record for future reference.

If the auto-response email you receive when you submit this ticket does not apply to your particular issue, please be assured that your particular issue will also be reviewed by a human being upon receipt of the support ticket and you will receive a response.

Regards,
Member Support at Aircrew Protection International
Aircrew Protection International | Dashboard (http://www.aircrewprotection.org)

lospilotos
18th Aug 2017, 01:42
And again, what is the conflict of interest here? Only the fact that PD is not with EK anymore seems a bit thin...