PDA

View Full Version : Bristol GS - Take exam before brushup

MAN23R
9th Aug 2017, 20:00
Hello all,

Quick question...

Can you take an ATPL exam before you attend the brushup course?

paco
9th Aug 2017, 20:07
I don't think any school would let you do that, otherwise what's the point of the brushup?

MAN23R
9th Aug 2017, 20:19
I completely get why they wouldn't want you to do it, im just wondering if there's is anything against it?

nebojsar
9th Aug 2017, 20:37
It cannot be done at least I think. Legal requirement for distance learning is like for pure classroom learning, I think 650 hours of theory. Difference is that with distance learning you have mandatory of 100+ hours in classroom and that represents brush up (or revision) course. School need to file proof that you were present on all ground school classroom sessions to local CAA. Once you have this requirement completed than you can get CCC (certificate of completion/diploma) which you submit to CAA to start exam procedure.

keith williams
9th Aug 2017, 20:39
The brush-ups are an integral part of the approved course. If you have not done the appropriate brush-ups then you have not done the approved course. Under these circumstances the school cannot legally approve your exam application.

paco
10th Aug 2017, 06:05
nebojsar - for 650 hours of study, it's at least 65 hours in the classroom (10%). Some schools may have more as part of their approved course.

But in answer to your question, there's no specific law that says "thou shalt do a brush up before the exams". As Keith says, it's part of an approval that must be followed.

nebojsar
10th Aug 2017, 18:04
But Easa regulation (and this come directly from EU legislation) says 650h. No matter which portion is in classroom if it is part of 650h it is mandatory, so there is connection with law. ;)