PDA

View Full Version : Smart Aviation Poland

Porcellino
9th Aug 2017, 10:01
Hello everyone, I've been trying to find feedback about Smart Aviation but I've only seen 2 or 3 threads in the forum and they are quite old.
Anyone recently trained there or thinking about going there?
I know for the website that they have updated the fleet and they have new sim.

thanks in advance

accent94010
18th Aug 2017, 16:26
hi,
I hope you found something about smartairo
cause i plan to get ppl from them and i cant reached one of their students

Transsonic2000
19th Aug 2017, 20:35
I have send Smart Aviation a training request by email not too long ago. The initial respond was quick, but my second email was never answered, even after sending a follow-up email a week later. I was told that the owner of the flight school is running a one-man-show, he is trying to handle it all, but apparently things are getting out of his hands!

avi_fun
20th Aug 2017, 13:28
I made my PPL licence there in this year so I can answer on all questions.

True is different the owner isn't a frequent guest in this ATO, an employees do all the work. In general they are recommendable, but there is also a little mess there, more I can talk in private message.

Pilot1981
21st Aug 2017, 10:32
Transsonic2000

Hello

Thank you very much for your comment. We are trying to answer all mails. We receive dozens of inquiries every day and sometimes it is simply not possibly to reply to all of them. We have created International Student Helpdesk to provide our students the best service. Please visit our website to find more information:

Pilot1981
21st Aug 2017, 18:47
avi_fun

It is quite interesting what you are writing. All students know that I spend at school almost 24 hours every day and work really hard. I am also a flight instructor so if I am not at school it means that I'm flying. I invest a lot of money to make school bigger and better. This year I have purchased Alsim ALX simulator and two brand new airplanes.

avi_fun
21st Aug 2017, 19:47
I have to write a rectification. After last posts of Pilot 1981 I understood that there is ATO Smart Aviation in Poznan. I had thought that we are talking about Smart Aero in Modlin Airport and my posts was about this ATO. There are two different ATO's with similar names and I made a mistook them.

PerformanceAviator
3rd Jan 2018, 19:30
Yes I notice many people do get confused about Smart Aero in Modlin and Smart Aviation in Poznan. Totally different owner, fleet and location I guess..

They have a nice new fleet according to the website (Tecnam)!
However, I do really would like to get more info about them, I am very much interested in the CPL module. If any have experience please share!
@Porcellino : any new info or experience by now?

Porcellino
16th Jan 2018, 21:20
Well I just finished my skill test CPL/ME and IR this weekend, overall I'm happy with the training I had and with what I learned, specially the IR part, instructors were very good and I felt very prepared for my IR skill test.
I'm starting the MCC course tomorrow in the same Sim I did the IR training, and with same instructor.
It also helped, as I mentioned in another post, that poznan airport is a very good place to practice approaches, plus there's an airport 30 minutes away that is close to operations most of the day, but it can still be use to practice VOR and ILS. ATC are very good handling traffic.
I did some approaches at Lodz and it is very busy, plus the fact that there's taxyway at only one end of the runway makes it even slower since you have to taxi back most of the time.
Prices are very good if you compare with everything else around. Specially that Alsim ALX sim, it's a bargain for MCC and IR.

One thing I would recommend, no because of the academy but as a personal preference, is to do PPL with a non glass cockpit.
Thats the way I did it, with an old PA28 at AAA in San Diego. The reason why I say this is because I've seen students from PPL getting to comfortable with the glass cockpit instrument, and actually ignoring the fact that there are stand-by ASI, AI, and a compass right in the middle of the windshield :p.

There's a new twin by February and a new IR/ME instructor, which I believe will help to suffice the high demand of the actual twin in operation.

rtraveler
17th Jan 2018, 12:06
Guys, if anyone of you study from this atplquestions com website for ATPL Theory exams in Poland, i will start to take exams in Poland, i heard that questions are coming from that source, Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

edhelms
24th Jan 2018, 12:48
Guys, do you know the price for the ATPL theory distance at Smart Aviation? Which provider they use? Bristol?

edhelms
24th Jan 2018, 14:07
I have seen the price on their website before to ask about that here. It was just to be sure. Thank You anyway...

carvex
25th Jan 2018, 14:06
@ Porcellino : can you tell us the duration of your training (at smartaviation) and the total cost? The accomodations looks nice!

Thanks

Porcellino
29th Jan 2018, 07:25
Hello carve, my training lasted nearly 3 months but that was due to weather on its majority.
I went there needing 50 hrs to start CPL, but had the requirements for MEP and IR, so I was held back for a month to complete my 150hrs to start CPL and the the 200 hrs for skill test. Weather between November and December was 2-3 flying days a week, or less.
I ended up paying around 20.000 Euros, and that's with the 50hrs hour building on SE, CPL/ME/IR, landing fees, hire the twin for skill test and examiner fee.
Feel free to drop a PM if you have any questions.

carvex
31st Jan 2018, 07:01
Thank you very much Porcellino , but unfortunatly , i can't send you an email by pprune ( i don't know why)!
Now you have a CAA UK licence or polish? You had to convert your medical (class1) ?
If you can , send me an email

have a good day

pilotme
12th Feb 2018, 06:39
@Porcellino
Hi all i am planning to enroll this year for 0-ATPL course in this Academy in Poznan
may i know from you guys about accommodation near to academy i need single apartment if available around academy
and how much cost ?

second , how is the academy in general ? how is the instructor ?
and which months from year that flying will be less due to bad weather ?

jaco0112
17th Feb 2018, 10:54
Is there anyone who completed the PPL at Smart Aviation? I'd like to start my pilot carrer there with a modular route.

AviationMonk
17th Feb 2018, 12:10
I’m also trying to find more information about Smart Aviation in Poznan, Poland. They look very professional on their website and their 0-frozen ATPL is very reasonable. Has anyone got any more info about this FTO? Hoping to start there in March!

westend
4th Mar 2018, 07:58
Hi Folks, I was just visiting there web page, and I see that they are holding ATPL Theory courses? So do they do there own in house ATPL Theory for 6-8months or are they just briefing sessions before you write the exams? Can someone please clarify?

Hawker400
4th Mar 2018, 19:21
I just started the ATPL distance theory there. From the pictures I think they might have a full in-house portion but I'm not sure.

I have not gone to the school yet but what I was informed; You through the 14k QB on AE with a 75%+ average then you go to the school for 2 weeks or so for briefing sessions and a sim of the exams. Supposedly after that you get the write off from the school to go start your exams. Regarding the other Polish schools the distance ATPL seems to be the same other than using AE to Bristol QB.

Although the back-office there has not been very easy with contact, the HT is a very hard-working guy and gets things done when he's available

Pilot1981
29th Mar 2018, 19:54
I just started the ATPL distance theory there. From the pictures I think they might have a full in-house portion but I'm not sure.

I have not gone to the school yet but what I was informed; You through the 14k QB on AE with a 75%+ average then you go to the school for 2 weeks or so for briefing sessions and a sim of the exams. Supposedly after that you get the write off from the school to go start your exams. Regarding the other Polish schools the distance ATPL seems to be the same other than using AE to Bristol QB.

Although the back-office there has not been very easy with contact, the HT is a very hard-working guy and gets things done when he's available

Hi everybody. I am monitoring all posts regarding our school to provide you the most reliable information. ATPL ground training should last minimum 3 months. Our ATPL course costs 1500 EUR and includes:
- unlimited access to ATPL e-books online
- 1 year subscription to Aviation Exam (official partner of Smart Aviation)
- 10 days of classroom
We have chosen Aviation Exam because it has the highest coverage of ATPL questions. Students studying ATPL buy access to Aviation Exam even if their school uses other CBT for self studying. That's why we have decided to simplify self studying part for our students and offer them Aviation Exam as CBT. You need go through 80% of questions in study mode and get average of 75% from each subject.
Classes are organised twice a year in cooperation with CATS Aviation instructors. We are planning block of 10 days of lectures with English native speaking professional senior instructors from 18-th until 29-th of June 2018. Next block of classes is planned at the end of November. All students may join our course anytime they want but training time cannot be less than 3 months since start date. To be honest it is minimum time required to complete self studying part with Aviation Exam. ATPL ground training ends with internal exam which contains 130 multi choice questions.
I hope that all information given here is helpful enough and clarifies the structure of our ATPL course. However if you have any questions regarding to our ATPL theory please do not hesitate to ask. You can find my e-mail address on Smart Aviation website. Good luck and keep in touch.

Finpilott
4th Apr 2018, 14:03
Its easier to write great things about your school here, but in reality not true.You said a student can apply to your school anytime, this is a big lie about smart aviation poznan.

After spending time to visit the school and hoping of starting , all of a sudden, they dont have space anymore for students, simply cos a student is asking for admission letter so as to get sponsorship.

What kind of a school dont give admission letter out especially when its needed for financing? Its spells something fishy. Even a parent will need to see admission letter before investing in it
You dont have the capacity to accommodate student all years round, so stick with a particular narrative of eith some months in a year you take students like bartolini et al, or just say the truth.

Hi everybody. I am monitoring all posts regarding our school to provide you the most reliable information. ATPL ground training should last minimum 3 months. Our ATPL course costs 1500 EUR and includes:
- unlimited access to ATPL e-books online
- 1 year subscription to Aviation Exam (official partner of Smart Aviation)
- 10 days of classroom

We have chosen Aviation Exam because it has the highest coverage of ATPL questions. Students studying ATPL buy access to Aviation Exam even if their school uses other CBT for self studying. That's why we have decided to simplify self studying part for our students and offer them Aviation Exam as CBT. You need go through 80% of questions in study mode and get average of 75% from each subject.
Classes are organised twice a year in cooperation with CATS Aviation instructors. We are planning block of 10 days of lectures with English native speaking professional senior instructors from 18-th until 29-th of June 2018. Next block of classes is planned at the end of November. All students may join our course anytime they want but training time cannot be less than 3 months since start date. To be honest it is minimum time required to complete self studying part with Aviation Exam. ATPL ground training ends with internal exam which contains 130 multi choice questions.
I hope that all information given here is helpful enough and clarifies the structure of our ATPL course. However if you have any questions regarding to our ATPL theory please do not hesitate to ask. You can find my e-mail address on Smart Aviation website. Good luck and keep in touch.

Alex Whittingham
4th Apr 2018, 21:15
ATPL ground training requires 650 hours of evidenced study time assuming you already have a PPL and are on the modular route, 750 hours otherwise. Assuming 35 hours a week that is a minimum of 18.5 weeks = 4.5 months solid study. In reality you will take time out to take exams or may do only 30 hours a week =5 to 6 months. Whoever told you it takes a minimum of three months was either wrong or assuming 50 hours study time a week, no breaks. I can't believe CATS have agreed that.

Mani20096
7th Apr 2018, 19:01
hi does any one know how good this smart aviation school is....I was thinking to join this school for my ATPL, any suggestion??

Pilot1981
16th Apr 2018, 23:47
ATPL ground training requires 650 hours of evidenced study time assuming you already have a PPL and are on the modular route, 750 hours otherwise. Assuming 35 hours a week that is a minimum of 18.5 weeks = 4.5 months solid study. In reality you will take time out to take exams or may do only 30 hours a week =5 to 6 months. Whoever told you it takes a minimum of three months was either wrong or assuming 50 hours study time a week, no breaks. I can't believe CATS have agreed that.

ATPL ground training is 650 hours. 10% must be done in classroom. It is approximately 8 hours a day for period of 12 weeks. After completion ground training you need 2-3 months to pass all 14 subjects. All training is conducted under our ATO certificate but lectures are provided by CATS instructors. If are representing bristol gs, you should know how does it work in Poland. If you wish to contact me directly please do not hesitate to ask.

Jolax
17th Apr 2018, 11:40
ATPL ground training is 650 hours. 10% must be done in classroom. It is approximately 8 hours a day for period of 12 weeks. After completion ground training you need 2-3 months to pass all 14 subjects. All training is conducted under our ATO certificate but lectures are provided by CATS instructors. If are representing bristol gs, you should know how does it work in Poland. If you wish to contact me directly please do not hesitate to ask.

Still can't understand how your students manage to take all the exams in 2-3 months.
It took me 3 months to prepare my first session :D

Banana Joe
17th Apr 2018, 19:05
It can be done. I passed my exams in 3 months: March, April, May. Some people can get it quicker than others.

fm91
23rd Sep 2018, 13:16
Hello carve, my training lasted nearly 3 months but that was due to weather on its majority.
I went there needing 50 hrs to start CPL, but had the requirements for MEP and IR, so I was held back for a month to complete my 150hrs to start CPL and the the 200 hrs for skill test. Weather between November and December was 2-3 flying days a week, or less.
I ended up paying around 20.000 Euros, and that's with the 50hrs hour building on SE, CPL/ME/IR, landing fees, hire the twin for skill test and examiner fee.
Feel free to drop a PM if you have any questions.

Hello Porcellino.. I send you a pm

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

Silverds88
20th Oct 2018, 12:25
Hello guys, I am going to start my PPL theoritical program at Smart Aviation Poznan on 12th of November. So far i had a conversation with the owner and things seems pretty good.I visit the school as well. I can share extra informations till the end of November. If anyone else is going/willing to attend the new classroom just send me an e mail.

Yasini
1st Jan 2019, 21:49
Hi everyone,
After completing my ppl in the UK I have tried to register atpl distance learning at Smart Aviation in Poznan in November. Unfortunatelly my attempt was not successfull as there is nobody to contact with. I tried almost all contact numbers, email adresses on their website. After , someone has replied via whatsapp that they need to arrange ‘detailed schedule’ for me and for other students. So I was told that I need to wait. After i was told to contact someone else but i have never reached this person.
Anyway, at the end I gave up to trying to communicate. Because they did not even pay attention what I was requiring.
Apparently, they are extremely busy to deal with the basic registration process.

Yasini
4th Jan 2019, 11:19
Yasini;10349166]

Hello did you receive my message?

------------------------------------------

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.
Hi Silverds88,
I have received your message and replied to you.

Many thanks for offering help. I`ve just wasted my time with Smart Av and just shared what I experienced with that school.

Good luck with your PPL training.

----------------------------------------

flapsupboy
6th Jan 2019, 11:33
Same here.Tried to contact them several times,but got no reply from them.

Yasini
6th Jan 2019, 12:58
hey mate, i am trying to contact with you but you have limited inbox storage. need to delete something.

---------------------------------------

Both of you can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

Admin`s note explains why we can not send and receive any pm (Both of you can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crooks, con men and bored Nigerian ladies wanting your money

SeGMaN
10th Jan 2019, 15:57
I hope Mr Mateusz will have more time to reply us I ve been trying to arrange me-ir with him for 2 months but still couldnt come with any outcome

Yasini
12th Jan 2019, 13:10
I hope Mr Mateusz will have more time to reply us I ve been trying to arrange me-ir with him for 2 months but still couldnt come with any outcome
I am sure he is quite busy. I hope you sort it out as soon as possible. Apparently they can not deal with the current workload. But the main problem is communication. If they say that we can not accept your request we are busy it is completely fine for me . But they do not respond or even if they respond it is one word without any explanations. Anyway, thats the current situation with that school.

flapsupboy
18th Jan 2019, 17:03
I am sure he is quite busy. I hope you sort it out as soon as possible. Apparently they can not deal with the current workload. But the main problem is communication. If they say that we can not accept your request we are busy it is completely fine for me . But they do not respond or even if they respond it is one word without any explanations. Anyway, thats the current situation with that school.

Hi,Did you find another school for ATPLs

Peppepez
23rd Jan 2019, 20:34
i had the same issue in contacting this ATO in Poznan.
they never replied my whatsapp texts.
however they replied to a phone call i made and they told me to write down an email with my enquiries.
I wrote them that i was interested in starting ASAP the ATPL theoretical course for the price of 1500 EUR and they told me that they probably will start the new class in May 2019.
A wait that for me is too far away from now. I just graduated the PPL at the age of 37 and i intend to proceed with the ATPL right away without wasting a single minute anymore.

Pilot1981
1st Feb 2019, 03:23
Same here.Tried to contact them several times,but got no reply from them.

You may also contact me on WhatsApp. I always respond +48606650616

Pilot1981
1st Feb 2019, 03:25

indeed, I am quite busy person due to my work as head of training and airline pilot. However you may contact me on WhatsApp where I always respond +48 606 650 616. There are also two other mails responded by two assistants: osl or ato at smartaviation dot eu

TooL8
22nd Feb 2019, 11:59
Mateusz, time to grow the business! You have customers lining up to train with you (me included) but we are all going elsewhere because the 'front-end' of SmartAviation isn't working.
Take the 'hit' and hire some admin staff and buy some CRM software to track prospects. If you are unable to grow the business because of acft or instructors, then 1. invest, or 2. at least provide people with an answer (automated) saying you are full! That way we can all move on with our careers and stop wasting time chasing quotes or information on start dates.

Your training, location, prices etc. are all very attractive. You have a great business proposition. Now you need to grab the opportunity and spread the workload :-)!

flapsupboy
22nd Feb 2019, 13:15
Mateusz, time to grow the business! You have customers lining up to train with you (me included) but we are all going elsewhere because the 'front-end' of SmartAviation isn't working.
Take the 'hit' and hire some admin staff and buy some CRM software to track prospects. If you are unable to grow the business because of acft or instructors, then 1. invest, or 2. at least provide people with an answer (automated) saying you are full! That way we can all move on with our careers and stop wasting time chasing quotes or information on start dates.

Your training, location, prices etc. are all very attractive. You have a great business proposition. Now you need to grab the opportunity and spread the workload :-)!

Totally agree with you

RedDragonFlyer
22nd Feb 2019, 15:15
Yes, I couldn't agree more. I emailed you several times, sent Facebook messages and messaged on Whatsapp and got no reply. You're sending business to your competitors!

An admin assistant, which can't cost that much in Poland, would be of great help for you.

It would also allow you to concentrate on training and not on communicating with potential students which could help you increase profits.

I might even be in Poznan right now if it weren't for the lack of communication.

Avdm159
27th Aug 2019, 18:39
I have to write a rectification. After last posts of Pilot 1981 I understood that there is ATO Smart Aviation in Poznan. I had thought that we are talking about Smart Aero in Modlin Airport and my posts was about this ATO. There are two different ATO's with similar names and I made a mistook them.

i would like to know about your experience with smart aero at modlin, I am thinking to do my ratings there

unluckyjr
27th Aug 2019, 19:13
i would like to know about your experience with smart aero at modlin, I am thinking to do my ratings there
Dude I can tell you mine and some of my friends' experience;

The problem of the schools around Warsaw is they seem like a good structured businesses at the first glance, but sometimes later you'll understand that the business is actually in sole hands of a single man.

In many cases, just like SmartAero/Ventum/Goldwings etc., this is the guy holding the capital and the only aim he sees is to grow. I suppose it's sort of a Polish or Eastern Europe mentality but in every case, it fails at one point. Because some other good opportunities comes forward (not for you, for them), and you already there with a nice contract that assembled by finest Polish lawyers includes no articles "for" the students.

And when I told you "already there" means you are the one that they can ignore and you are just some random guy from some other part of the world. Because you already paid them the most of the money and any legal actions from your side means you can forget your money for a long long time. Believe me, they are the best to know this and only professional aspect about their business' is to use this.

When there is no business model but there are a single man's business ideas about aviation training, you should avoid them and run away. It's a very good signal I promise.

I'm not a fan of Polish schools but if you really need to go a Polish school, try Bartolini or Adriana.

I know their management are good and I'm mad at myself everyday that I didn't picked one of them with this knowledge.

Ask me private more about why you should not choose Polish at all.

=================================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

Avdm159
27th Aug 2019, 20:05
Dude I can tell you mine and some of my friends' experience;

The problem of the schools around Warsaw is they seem like a good structured businesses at the first glance, but sometimes later you'll understand that the business is actually in sole hands of a single man.

In many cases, just like SmartAero/Ventum/Goldwings etc., this is the guy holding the capital and the only aim he sees is to grow. I suppose it's sort of a Polish or Eastern Europe mentality but in every case, it fails at one point. Because some other good opportunities comes forward (not for you, for them), and you already there with a nice contract that assembled by finest Polish lawyers includes no articles "for" the students.

And when I told you "already there" means you are the one that they can ignore and you are just some random guy from some other part of the world. Because you already paid them the most of the money and any legal actions from your side means you can forget your money for a long long time. Believe me, they are the best to know this and only professional aspect about their business' is to use this.

When there is no business model but there are a single man's business ideas about aviation training, you should avoid them and run away. It's a very good signal I promise.

I'm not a fan of Polish schools but if you really need to go a Polish school, try Bartolini or Adriana.

I know their management are good and I'm mad at myself everyday that I didn't picked one of them with this knowledge.

Ask me private more about why you should not choose Polish at all.

=================================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

thanks for that! Yeah I had the same bad experience here in Spain, actually a few of us did.

im in the list for bartolini, but game across smart aero, the modlin one. So confusing that there are 2.

anyway, bartolini 20k vs smart 11k, it’s a massive difference, I’m just thinking that money can go for my MCC. But at the same time, I don’t wanna end up in a bad situation.

Ventum is 20k, which is ridiculous, same price as bartolini and no where near the reputation, I think they are just milking the opportunity!

will check Adriana again and perhaps the smart aero one in Poznań.

unluckyjr
27th Aug 2019, 20:48
I know some of the Spain victims. Then we became victims together here in Poland in some other school :)
Try hard Adriana. Smart Aviation has good reputation, but not the SmartAero. I know some guys at Ventum currently but as you just said, world full of wonders :)
I strongly recommend you to check some Hungarian schools with good reputation. Training permission (from CAA, takes two weeks to one month) issue in Poland right now is a real deal for foreigners and I suggest anyone to take take that road.

Avdm159
27th Aug 2019, 21:32
I know some of the Spain victims. Then we became victims together here in Poland in some other school :)
Try hard Adriana. Smart Aviation has good reputation, but not the SmartAero. I know some guys at Ventum currently but as you just said, world full of wonders :)
I strongly recommend you to check some Hungarian schools with good reputation. Training permission (from CAA, takes two weeks to one month) issue in Poland right now is a real deal for foreigners and I suggest anyone to take take that road.

value for money is best in Poland.
I looked at bestfly in Hungary. Have you heard of them? I’ve heard CAVOK has a lot of accidents, so that’s not an option.

I spoke to the owner of Ventum, rude and no skills to deal with people, so no way. We are actually a group of people, so we all had the same opinion about Ventum.

im still hoping Bartonlini can take me, i got offered a slot but the timing is not good, I will miss it by a week.

Will look more into Hungary, already contacted smart aviation in Poznań and Adriana.

where did you end up going?