PDA

View Full Version : CPL with Class 2 Medical?

peterpdm
29th Jul 2017, 11:16
Hello there,

I have Slovenian PPL - EASA ( SEP , MEP) and around 500 hours, i would very much like to upgrade to CPL or ATPL but i have a medical clas 2.

The reason i have medical class 2 is i have a small implant in my left eye ( and perfect vision) but according to EASA i cannot start training for CPL/ATPL without Class 1.

So my questions are:

1. Is there any way around it ? to get CPL with Class 2? I do not want to be Captain and my goal is to be FO on my own jet ( will never work for airline).

2. Is there a way in EASA environment where i can fly as FO in a Complex Aircraft ( Jet over 12500lbs) with PPL ( with IR rating) and Class 2 medical ? and would i be able to get a Type Rating at all for lets say Hawker 800xp with PPL IR and Medical 2?

Thanks a lot for your time in trying to help me and replying to me.

Edgington
29th Jul 2017, 13:55
You won't be able to get a CPL or ATPL without a Class 1 medical, but you can get a type rating on a PPL. For a Multi-pilot aeroplane you need to sit the ATPL exams, hold an IR and do a MCC course.

peterpdm
31st Jul 2017, 15:12
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.. just a few extra questions:

1. How can i do the ATPL exams if i have to have finished Ground Theory , and i cannot start without Medical class 1?

2. Will Flight Safety agree to make Type rating for me with PPL ( IR + MMC)?

For example can i get Hawker 800xp TR with PPL, IR + MMC and when you say i pass ATPL you mean i get ATPL theory Credit ?

Edgington
31st Jul 2017, 22:33
1. How can i do the ATPL exams if i have to have finished Ground Theory , and i cannot start without Medical class 1?

You don't need a Class 1 medical to do ATPL theory you just need to hold a PPL.

2. Will Flight Safety agree to make Type rating for me with PPL ( IR + MMC)?

For example can i get Hawker 800xp TR with PPL, IR + MMC and when you say i pass ATPL you mean i get ATPL theory Credit ?

According to the rules if you have a PPL, you pass the 14 Atpl's, hold a Multi-Engine IR, do your MCC which can be combined with an initial type rating, you can do the type rating and fly the Hawker 800xp. As long as you don't get paid to do so.
Legally you could do the TR, but Flight Safety can ask for higher requirements, you would have to speak to them.