PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Checklist-Android App?

hueyracer
22nd Jul 2017, 08:14
Used the search, but did not find what i was looking for..

Flying different helicopter types all the time, i am trying to get rid of all those paper checklists and self-created checklists i am using.

Is there a good app for android that can handle my own checklists?

I would like to add checklists manually, with tabs on the side or the top, e.g. "Eng Start", "Before Start", "Emergencies"-where the emergency tab takes me to another page with tabs for different emergencies, e.g. "ENG Fire"....

Does something like that already exist?

Kalif
22nd Jul 2017, 14:37
Create a check list in MS Word using hyperlinks from the menu, captions or index type. On each "check complete" add another hyperlink back to the main menu. Save as PDF. Transfer to your device and job done.

PM me if you want an example.

TwinHueyMan
22nd Jul 2017, 17:27
+1 on the PDFs. I have several on my Android EFB, a homepage link to the folder they are in, and leave them up in the overview/task manager list (the 3rd button on the device) for quick access during shutdown. Runs pretty smooth. Luckily, the powers that be where I fly make their paper checklists in Adobe, so I just grab them from the company drive when they get updated.

Mike

hueyracer
25th Jul 2017, 08:52
Sometimes, the solution can be so simple...
Thanks-Kalif had sent me a sample of what it could look like, and i think i can work with that.........

Will see if i can program an app in the long run.....but to get a start, the pdf´s will do just fine..

Poliglut
10th Oct 2017, 17:58
You could use any of the checklist apps available on Play for this. Even Google Keep will let you do that. With Keep you could even create a widget on your homescreen.