PDA

View Full Version : Fly for fun - Czechia (Czech Republic)

gob11
16th Jul 2017, 15:45
Hi guys, has anyone here ever heard about this school? They have really good prices for the training I'm planning to go through but their website is not that great, there are few or no feedback about former students at all.

Also, do you guys know whether is possible to do the MEP training and skills test in Czechia (getting used to the new name) but having a UK issued EASA PPL? I mean would I send the rating addition application to the UK CAA or what? I know that Czechia is an EASA associate country but their MEP course description says 1h ground when for all UK schools it is 7h... I was wondering whether they are EASA approved or not.... so confused however they are so cheap :(

RomanK
18th Jul 2017, 18:09
I have a friend there who said it is good school and I tried to contact them few months ago. They gave me contact of a teacher to pass some lessons via skype for further issuance of radiotelephony license (ELP remark in my license doesn't work in CZ) and another contact for medical license transfer so I decided that Poland would be easier for me

simon2014
22nd Jul 2017, 07:34
hi gob11

i am an international pilot student currently flying as a time builder with FFF and i like the school too much. i used to be in another school in Czechia and changed recently to them and i will finish all my licences here.:cool:

i would like to say i am really happy to fly here, the aircrafts are not occupied all the time and i have a flexible booking time which is amazing for me.

they have brand new Tecnam p2006 mulit with glass cockpit and with really great price.

for the Uk CAA i know one Russian girl did the same, that the check ride and training was in czech but the license issued in UK. i will ask and let you know.

the only thing i dont like about the school is the transportation from prague would take an hour and almost no accommodation at the airport. i have plans to bring a tent with me to stay for a couple days and fly every day:O but again no restaurants or grocery shops near by

also some instructors not that good with english but others are cool.

gob11
24th Jul 2017, 15:49
Hey, great to know about some experiences there... But I'm still really confused about my case, I contacted the school but it seems they don't really know what to do... I want to do a ME-IR conversion (I currently hold a ICAO ME-IR) and attach it to my EASA (UK) PPL, it seems to be too much for them to process apparently (I don't blame them lol)... Has any of you had any experience with having skills tests outside of your license issuer country... I was more interested about the costs the UK CAA would charge me for it.

mr.piloot
15th Aug 2017, 12:22
Hi guys,

i like to do a SE-IR to ME-IR conversion in this school but i also have dificulty to find some feedback from this ATO.
So any comments are welcome.

Thanks