PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker "Ageist and Sexist"

WASALOADIE
12th Jul 2017, 15:01
Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker "Ageist and Sexist" making misogynistic and demeaning comments about American cabin staff.

https://www.aerotime.aero/en/news/19321-qatar-airways-ceo-us-flight-attendants-are-grandmothers

White Knight
12th Jul 2017, 15:19
Well, he's not far wrong... The average age is definitely a lot higher than the ME3 airlines!

fleigle
12th Jul 2017, 15:46
Well he seems to be an arrogant pr*ck in general, so why the surprise?
Why should you not be allowed to have a job at any age?, as long as you can do it.
f

Kennytheking
12th Jul 2017, 15:47
Well, in fairness, even their own pilots think so......

https://youtu.be/ilQHP8PgHWs

ironbutt57
13th Jul 2017, 03:44
of course, a couple advantages advantage the USA crew do have, they are not scanned in and out of their home by their employer who watches their every move, they are actually free to have a personal life, they are not on pins and needles while at work, or off duty afraid of being fired for any minor transgression...

The Dominican
13th Jul 2017, 04:33
of course, a couple advantages advantage the USA crew do have, they are not scanned in and out of their home by their employer who watches their every move, they are actually free to have a personal life, they are not on pins and needles while at work, or off duty afraid of being fired for any minor transgression...

Also bitter and pissed off all the time:rolleyes:

TransitCheck
13th Jul 2017, 04:45
End to the American Airlines codeshare with QR

American Airlines Says It Will End Codeshare Deals With Qatar Airways And Etihad Airways - cetusnews (http://www.cetusnews.com/tech/American-Airlines-Says-It-Will-End-Codeshare-Deals-With-Qatar-Airways-And-Etihad-Airways.SJ72oGWES-.html)

crewmeal
13th Jul 2017, 05:59
I would have thought he would have more important things to do given the political situation in Qatar instead of acting like an old woman.

Flyboy_SG
16th Jul 2017, 20:37
He has got a big mouth and Small brains....what does he achieve by employing young flight attendants, unless he offers a complementary lap dance in business or first,age doesn't matter. Dayuuuuuum !

4runner
17th Jul 2017, 18:38

They're also free to own as many cats as they want. A herd even.

bafanguy
17th Jul 2017, 18:47
Look !! Great has apologized. He didn't really mean it and feels bad about saying those things. :-))))))))

Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker apologizes for ?grandmothers? comment | AJC@ATL (http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2017/07/12/qatar-airways-ceo-apologizes-for-calling-u-s-flight-attendants-grandmothers/)

Airbubba
17th Jul 2017, 20:33
Delta's video response:

Delta flight attendants fight back against Qatar CEO's 'crap' service remarks | Delta News Hub (http://news.delta.com/delta-flight-attendants-fight-back-against-qatar-ceos-crap-service-remarks)

Sqwak7700
17th Jul 2017, 21:02
If Delta wants to kill Qatar Airways, just offer interviews to all the American pilots working there.

That's the new limited resource, forget fuel. You could put a pretty big dent on the ME3 by poaching their crews.

bafanguy
17th Jul 2017, 21:04
Delta's video response:

Airbubba,

Slick video response (very slick...very quick) but it's much ado about nothing. The Great and his airline suffer no consequences from his remarks about US carriers...nor should they. It's just jibber-jabber. Who cares ?

Frankly, it's beneath DL's dignity to bother with a response. But they aren't exempt from doing stupid stuff.

My wife is in her 49th year as a DL F/A. I suppose I could get my panties in a wad but instead, we both choose to be amused at what knuckle draggers The Great and his ilk continue to be.

Actually, we'd like to hear MORE of his thoughts. We'll be disappointed if Chairman The Great says nothing more on the subject.

WrldWide
18th Jul 2017, 02:30
If Delta wants to kill Qatar Airways, just offer interviews to all the American pilots working there.

That's the new limited resource, forget fuel. You could put a pretty big dent on the ME3 by poaching their crews.
Sure, every one wants to work for a US major, lol. It never ceases to amaze me how short memories are of multi year furloughs and contract decimation when there is the slightest "hardship" as stated from management. The industry has finally made it back to 2000 contract levels in 2017 and all the employed celebrate.
No thank you

Ps: 20yrs of union dues for what.

ironbutt57
18th Jul 2017, 04:31

there are a few who deferred their recalls, then resigned to stay there...

CaptainChipotle
18th Jul 2017, 04:48
Sure, every one wants to work for a US major, lol. It never ceases to amaze me how short memories are of multi year furloughs and contract decimation when there is the slightest "hardship" as stated from management. The industry has finally made it back to 2000 contract levels in 2017 and all the employed celebrate.
No thank you

Few people forget, more remember.

I'll take my chances with the union. Been on both sides of the coin and there is something to be said about not worrying about being fired for every decision you make.

also, my contract is better than toilet paper, which was all it was worth at EK.
Hey, remember "the extra mile" talk from TCAS? Or the "temporary" increase in the overtime threshold from 78-92 hrs overnight?

There are pros and cons to both. Just my opinion, but I'll take the union.

Safe flying for everyone.

Sqwak7700
18th Jul 2017, 08:06
No thank you

Sorry, must have imagined the constant bitching about the ME3. :hmm:

Talparc
18th Jul 2017, 20:16
Very good Article

The Latest Outrage from a Juvenile Airline CEO | HuffPost (http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59676e8ee4b051f16255e62d)