PDA

View Full Version : Medical and licences

LaGuardia
10th Jul 2017, 22:18
Hi!
Do we really need the same state for medical and licences? That an official rule?

horus23
11th Jul 2017, 06:12
"EASA have decided that EASA state which hold your medical records will be deemed to be your State of License issue."

Although you can do the exam in another member state and then transfer to the state of the license issue later on.
The only exception that I'm aware is Germany, because of the rules that protect medical data from patients, they can't disclose your medical.

LaGuardia
11th Jul 2017, 07:23
Thanks Horus.
It's a long process to transfer?

thebdct
11th Jul 2017, 09:50
Hi!
So, for example, if I get a medical with member state A, can I do the training in member state B? Who will issue the license? Do I need to transfer the medical license before the flight exam?

Thanks in advance!

LaGuardia
11th Jul 2017, 10:50
I think they want the medical transfer before they can send the licenses ..

thebdct
11th Jul 2017, 15:10
Ok, so to recap:

Medical with state A,
Flight training with state B,
Medical transfer from A to B,
License issued by state B.

Now what if I have failed the medical check with state B and passed it with state A? Is B obliged to recognize/accept my medical certificate issued by A? Is there any reference inside EASA regulation?

Thanks!

appleACE
11th Jul 2017, 21:10
I got my initial medical with state A.
Then did my yearly revalidation with state B.
Got a license from state B.
Then got my next medical revalidation in state C.
Now I'm working in state D.
At some point I plan to work in state C and get my license transferred there.

An EASA medical is valid in all EASA states, as is an EASA license.

LaGuardia
11th Jul 2017, 22:20
No issues to receive your licences?

Linda787
12th Jul 2017, 12:21
If that helps, here is what happened to me couple years ago: state A put a restriction on my medical. After many medical exams in the state where I live -state B- the doctors deemed me fit for removal of the restriction. However, state A did not agree with that and kept my restriction, against the decisions of the AMEs involved in the process. Thus, I went to state B (where the doctors involved deemed me fit) and talked to CAA B. After acceptance of my level of fitness at CAA B, I did transfer my medical (and licences) from state A to state B. State A can't do anything but accept the transfer.

Long story short: state B is not obligated to accept a passed medical at state A, but state B can not refuse transfer of your licence to A if you wish to do so. Not all state have the same opinion/requirement on things, sometime it is worth comparing... Good luck !

99ismith
13th Jul 2017, 14:53
Hi - new here!

I kind of have the same issue - I hold a UK Class 1 medical, but will be doing my training in Iceland. Do I need to transfer my medical and get an Icelandic issued license and medical? Or is it possible to keep my medical with the UK and get my license issued by the UK?

Thanks! :)

LaGuardia
13th Jul 2017, 17:15
Ask your school for that. If you can pass your exam with a UK examiner, it will be ok