PDA

View Full Version : Modular Training: How Many FTOs?

rharish96
9th Jul 2017, 16:43
It seems to be frequently recommended by many (although by no means all) posters on this website that those pursuing a modular route for the ATPL should limit themselves to taking courses at 1 to 2 FTOs. Does this mean that the PPL, ATPL theory, CPL/ME/IR, MCC/JOC should all only be done at one 1-2 FTOs? Thanks!

paco
10th Jul 2017, 06:41
Not by any means! There are not that many for ground studies anyway and fewer who can do PPL - ATPL right through. Even less who can do flying training as well, so you have to mix and match to a certain extent.

Don't just listen to your instructor - what was good for them is not necessarily good for you.

portsharbourflyer
11th Jul 2017, 23:43
To my knowledge it was only ever Flybe that stated on the application form that all modular flight training phases should have been completed at one FTO; to which I understood it referred to the CPL, MEP and ME IR flight training to have been completed at the same place. But ever since that appeared on the Flybe application form it has been incorrectly propagated as gospel on this forum.

LaGuardia
12th Jul 2017, 12:25
It's just good not to get too far away for the procedures.

rharish96
12th Jul 2017, 15:15
Thanks for the info all!

TryingToAvoidCBs
24th Jul 2017, 08:39
I know many people following the modular route who have been through 4-5 schools.

1) PPL
2) Hrs building - sometimes multiple school (I did mine at 3)
3) ATPLs
4) CPL, ME, IR
5) MCC/JOC

Some airlines have an issue with you doing hours building abroad (I was personally asked that very question in two interviews), but different schools should'nt be too much of an issue. That said, with so many students going through the integrated factories, going through multiple schools can sometimes look a bit messy.

bafanguy
24th Jul 2017, 20:27
Some airlines have an issue with you doing hours building abroad (I was personally asked that very question in two interviews)...

TTACBs,

What was their objection to where an applicant did hour building ?