PDA

View Full Version : 3 night PPC in a row (2 till 7)

ekpilot
7th Jul 2017, 11:43
Thanks for letting us know. Keep writing to us!
We really appreciate your feedbacks.

Keep recovering!

The Outlaw
7th Jul 2017, 19:25
But, they will be watching for any failures AND you'll get a whole day off before...yipee! (read:sarcasm)

felixthecat
7th Jul 2017, 19:44
They don't want to do the stepping back a slot each day because you will be in the 18-30 hr rest period that should be avoided so as to reduce fatigue.......

Shame that doesn't apply to the layovers then where 95% of them are in that 18-30 period...

The Outlaw
7th Jul 2017, 21:44
Yeah, you could almost smell the BS in the letter from MM

Talparc
8th Jul 2017, 07:34
What do you expect from MM?

luvly jubbly
8th Jul 2017, 13:34
Surely the 'best slots' should be set aside for new joiners, recovery Sim's, upgrade work etc.
We all work nights so why not, remember your instructor/examiner doesn't want to be there either.

Have you done the 3 in a row at night? I have. 3am brief, 5-8 sim plus full debrief. X3
Timings were a killer.
I don't doubt that they use the day slots for "learning" but we need a day off between sim 2 and handling sim as zero was learned during that.

The Outlaw
8th Jul 2017, 21:06
LJ,

I think this is what they call "sarcasm". Its when someone says or writes the opposite of what they mean!

Its a British thing...hard to understand, much in the same way as a Lucas schematic diagram... the english would never give their electrical secrets away in the same way as their humor!

Thank god!!!

Buford
9th Jul 2017, 00:56
Because luvly jubbly wasn't obvious enough...🤣

Kamelchaser
10th Jul 2017, 18:29
Incredible that this statistics driven airline uses the fact that an increase (or lack thereof) of failures is a measure of the quality of training. How many people fail day three! How many trainers would be anal enough to fail someone on day three?

The point is very little is learnt on day three, or even on day two, at this time of the night. I've noticed guys are so tired they simply want to go home. When I did it myself, I could hardly string a sentence together on the third night.

I guess we actually have to see people fail before anything will be done about it. What a crock of shyte.

Mach.888
10th Jul 2017, 19:14
Press 2 for for day three.
That will eventually make the penny drop.

sluggums
10th Jul 2017, 22:26
Agreed, very conveniently the second floor managers look at the failure rate as the yardstick. It's got sod all to do with that. It's how little the trainees learn at that time of the night/morning. That is the point of being there, isn't it...?

fatbus
11th Jul 2017, 02:51
Increase failure rate? Have any stats? You might be surprised

GoreTex
11th Jul 2017, 03:16
and why do you fly for EK?

Praise Jebus
11th Jul 2017, 03:46
MM surprised me with those comments, basically stating the training output standard is based on failure rates and not the actual quality delivered. Not much support for the effort of his trainers there...

TOGA!
11th Jul 2017, 08:56
I think all the training managers should be forced to work 3 nights in row between the hours of 2300 and 0700 each and every month. Just think of how productive they could be without all the usual distractions!

What is bad for the trainee is worse for the instructor. The guy we had last go was destroyed by day 2 and he cared as much as we did. I know they volunteer for the job but they are much more exposed than the average line guy.

harry the cod
11th Jul 2017, 09:05
We're encouraged constantly to be proactive rather than reactive, yet, the intonation of that newsletter is that unless the failure rates start increasing, we're okay with these slots. I'd call that fairly reactive and the damage it would do to the guys who fail is immeasurable.

I know we fly these times in the real World but the process of ensuring a day off before hand followed with day 3 done at a more civil time isn't difficult to roster....if you really wanted to! I've done it and yes, it is not much fun with disengaged and less motivated students and instructor.

Hardly raising the bar but a sure test of resilience!

Harry

sluggums
11th Jul 2017, 10:46
Affirm...!!

Twiglet1
11th Jul 2017, 14:22
Shame that doesn't apply to the layovers then where 95% of them are in that 18-30 period...
Felix
You know where this came from the 18-30hrs rest?