PDA

View Full Version : Part 66 B1.3 licence holder to Pilot.

Dauphinman
6th Jul 2017, 18:38
Firstly Hi all, I'm new on here,

I served 6 years Brit Army (Airtech), been out 4 years now and have completed my B1.3 engineering license. I'm wanting to transition to pilot and I have thought about many different options and have concluded that rejoining (if possible) the army as an officer pilot would be my best option, that's what brings me here.

The army pilots recruitment page states that you need the following, Qualifications: 180 UCAS points and 35 ALIS points at GCSE, (including minimum grade C in English, Maths and a science or foreign language)

I have zero A levels as I joined the military straight from school.

My question to the PPRuNe masses, Is my part 66 B1.3 licence and engineering NVQ's & diplomas enough to allow me to apply for this role?

I've tried searching, but couldn't find a definitive answer. I've also called the army careers line, they also didn't seem to know.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

MaverickPrime
6th Jul 2017, 20:20
You could contact Ofqual or UCAS and ask what your qualifications are equal to?

Dauphinman
7th Jul 2017, 09:10
Hi Maverick, I've spoken with UCAS. They don't seem to recognise it.
I know you can do a 3 yrs degree in aircraft maint. However if you already hold a part 66 licence or a HND, you only need to do a 1 yr top up. So surely the b1.3 holds some kind of weight.

Thanks for your input

charliegolf
7th Jul 2017, 22:54
See if you can see yourself anywhere on this comparison page...

https://www.naric.org.uk/Europass/documents/ds_chart.pdf

paco
8th Jul 2017, 07:13
I think you could find the Army to be quite flexible - although they can be incredibly stupid at times (witness the Beaver debacle). It's worth a try anyway, especially as grade C is about 17%!