PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawks for Australia

Firehawkforeffect
4th Jul 2017, 04:02
Extremely strong TRumour that an Australian Operator has inked a deal that will see up to 20 refurbished Blackhawks make their way here over the next couple years. Fully supported by Sikorsky!!! Exciting times ahead for the industry!!!

rrekn
4th Jul 2017, 10:54
Will be interesting...

From what I heard is that the refurbished machines will only be able to be operated in the limited category for aerial work (fire bombing, slinging etc), and hence not able to carry pax.

All the parts will also be classified under the ITAR, so support will be difficult.

Still, for the right price it would be a good utility machine.

havick
4th Jul 2017, 13:22
If they're coming from Sikorsky themselves as opposed to brainerd/brown helicopters I wonder if they will have the extended oleos for a belly tank like they did for the LA County 60's

SuperF
5th Jul 2017, 07:53
ex military, they will be no different than the Hueys the are in country. No pax, sling load or tanked a/c only.

thats how the rules work at this end of the world.

belly tank
5th Jul 2017, 13:21
Agree Super F.
They'd be competing against the 214 / Kmax. Yes they are a tad quicker but what the advantage?.
Its a novelty that will wear off very quickly. They need support, parts and engineers that can follow them around OZ and all to compete with whats currently available.

havick
5th Jul 2017, 13:46
ex military, they will be no different than the Hueys the are in country. No pax, sling load or tanked a/c only.

thats how the rules work at this end of the world.

After 5-6 seasons of flying 212/412 in Australia I'm yet to have anyone on board my aircraft other than a rappel crew.

The UH60's will lift gear and splash water like just about every other medium/heavy.

The Ozzie BOY
5th Jul 2017, 23:39
I heard that there one group in Qld and another bases near Scone that are looking into this option. If they get the AC at the right price that should be a great machine for the job.