PDA

View Full Version : 50/50 contract?

lfbb
3rd Jul 2017, 12:54
Good evening, with the instability on the region I finally decided to start looking for a new job but this time planning on staying away from "slavery contracts" and wondering if anyone could think of airlines offering 50/50 rostering, by that I mean either "15 days ON/15 days OFF" or "30 days ON/30 days OFF". Getting old here and this M3 rostering is killing me, need to throttle down.
Currently 330 captain but will fly anything for a 50/50 style contract.
Any ideias?
Regards!

Falck
3rd Jul 2017, 13:08
easyJet

With part time options available after a while. Different contracts on offer.
Do a bit of homework.

Or a lot of Chinese contracts offer a lot of work
patterns. Like 15/15 for example.

Or even bizzJet rosters could be 15/15.

Air Belgium start up airline offers different contracts. No idea what they look like

Good luck,

Falck

lfbb
3rd Jul 2017, 13:17
Thanks Falck, but I failed to mention that I hold only ICAO license and a non European passport. I keep searching for a part time on brokers websites but nothing really comes up. I remember long time ago Vietnam was offering a month ON/OFF but can't find it nowadays anything similar.
Regards.

JAYTO
3rd Jul 2017, 13:31
ifbb,

40 and getting old.... you have another possible 25 years to go :)

J

lfbb
3rd Jul 2017, 14:07
ifbb,

40 and getting old.... you have another possible 25 years to go :)

J

40 feeling like 80.... thanks to the aviation business. Either I find myself a better lifestyle flying or I’ll do something else.

777-200LR
4th Jul 2017, 09:01
Either I find myself a better lifestyle flying or I’ll do something else.

Unfortunately, a lot have done the latter. The better lifestyle can be found but probably at the cost of a paycheck. Airlines have gotten away with so much over the last 10-15 years that none of them are willing to realize the table have swung. Just read through other threads and you'll see how LCCs in Japan are struggling to crew their aircraft and when you take a peak at their T&Cs, its not surprise (6 days on/1 day off) until you get to your 10 consecutive days off (which includes travel days) for the price of the freighter contract here.

Norwegian is another Ryanair without the 5 days on/4 days off

So back to the topic; China could offer what you're looking for, but see if you can a get narrow body job. Thats still comes with astronaut style medicals and sim checks!

Good luck:ok:

fliion
4th Jul 2017, 09:54
http://www.longreachaviation.com/hna-tt-program/

330 Capt Hainan

4on/off