PDA

View Full Version : UK CAA acceptance of FAA Night Rating

Yaw String
2nd Jul 2017, 14:40
Have a friend who has had lengthy,and unsuccessful dealing with CAA Gatwick.
He was advised that his Miami flight school FAA Night Rating would be accepted by CAA if the european school,where he completed his CPL/IR would furnished an Article 8.. This was done,by the Greek school,however,after 8 weeks,the CAA advised that he would have to take the Night Rating again,on this side of the Atlantic.
Thoughts?

rudestuff
2nd Jul 2017, 16:28
There is no FAA night rating. An FAA certificate can be converted without having to do a 'night rating' - you simply claim the night hours when you apply for your EASA licence.

ersa
3rd Jul 2017, 02:19
Thats the issue there is No night rating on the licence , he will need to take a night rating test , he can claim the hours for experience for the test

rudestuff
3rd Jul 2017, 07:52
The FAA private certificate automatically includes night privileges, so there is no night rating as you have to fly at night as part of your training. (Unless you do it in Alaska). I've not heard of an EASA night rating test, it was experience only when I did it.

ersa
3rd Jul 2017, 08:09
The CAA do Night rating tests ?

DT01
3rd Jul 2017, 23:57
What on earth is a night rating test?

The FAA Private which includes night privileges plus log book evidence of 5 full stops as PIC has always been good enough for my students, unless this has changed recently. If he hasn't done the night landings I mentioned above (which are not an FAA requirement), that might be the issue.

ersa
4th Jul 2017, 02:16
My mistake about the test .... your correct