PDA

View Full Version : UK Tax Rules For Crew Living In The Middle East

eghi r20
1st Jul 2017, 09:55
Dear PPruners

I am after some general views on how the UK tax systems applies to crews living and working in the Middle East with families back in the UK.

The scenario I'm looking at is family living in UK with home/schools etc and the pilot/spouse living and working in the Middle East. Visiting family during leave etc and sending money back to support the family. Some flights from the Middle East going in/out of the UK which the crew member has no control over the frequency or nights spent there.
I’m just curious if we all have had the same tax advice or if the requirements or limitations vary wildly.

I've hear of the limit being 45 nights total including work trips and also a 90 day rule?

Any information gratefully received.
Thanks in advance

:ugh:

luvly jubbly
1st Jul 2017, 10:00
Dear PPruners

I am after some general views on how the UK tax systems applies to crews living and working in the Middle East with families back in the UK.

The scenario I'm looking at is family living in UK with home/schools etc and the pilot/spouse living and working in the Middle East. Visiting family during leave etc and sending money back to support the family. Some flights from the Middle East going in/out of the UK which the crew member has no control over the frequency or nights spent there.
I’m just curious if we all have had the same tax advice or if the requirements or limitations vary wildly.

I've hear of the limit being 45 nights total including work trips and also a 90 day rule?

Any information gratefully received.
Thanks in advance

:ugh:

It's all on HMRC website

Edited later to add: Sorry msg seemed curt but the subject has been done to death on here. Everybody's situation is different.
Look yours up here : https://www.gov.uk/tax-foreign-income/residence

Calmcavok
1st Jul 2017, 10:09
It's all on HMRC website

What he said. There's too much information to regurgitate here, best sit down with an afternoon free and read. My one advice is to really understand the "ties" section as it will greatly reduce your 45 days.

eghi r20
3rd Aug 2017, 06:59
Thank you guys. I will do some more investigation