PDA

View Full Version : CPL in three weeks

KayPam
26th Jun 2017, 17:56
Updated first post :

Hello,
For administrative reasons, I would like to undertake a CPL training before the end of 2017. To do it in the last two weeks would be ideal.
That makes 16 days.
Is there any ATO in Europe that would be able to do this ?

What do you think about smartaero : they say they can offer a CPL for about 2500€ in just 7 days : is there any chance that's true ?
Any other school will tell me 4 to 5 weeks. Which I can't have.

Thank you

Old first post :
Hello,

I would like to know the minimum realistic duration of a CPL training.
It requires 20 hours of flight.

So let's say one hour per day is flown.
This gives 20 days so 4 work weeks.

Let's say one hour is flown in the morning and one in the afternoon :
2 work weeks.

Is it possible to have a CPL in two weeks then ?

Due to strong professional constraints, I would have 3 full work weeks available for this CPL training : would it be realistically enough ?

They would be towards the end of september in southern france so weather should be VFR enough..

Is there any good school in Europe you could recommend that could meet my schedule ? (I could ask Bartolini but i'm pretty sure there won't be a spot for me there in september)

Thanks

rudestuff
26th Jun 2017, 21:16
It's entirely doable, especially if you plan for two flights per day. But why 20 hours?

KayPam
26th Jun 2017, 22:29
Oh yes you're right it's rather 20 hours of flight and 5 hours of simulator (I have a quote from a flight school like this)

magicmick
27th Jun 2017, 06:36
It's possible to get the flying training done in a couple of weeks (weather and aircraft availability permitting) what might delay you could be examiner availability

Martin_123
27th Jun 2017, 10:42
Global Aviation SA in Greece say their average CPL/ME/IR duration is 30 days, with some students finishing up in 20 days and some taking 50.. If they can push the whole course in 30 days, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do just the CPL in 3 weeks.. really, as long as the WX plays ball, instructors, examiners and planes are lined up, the rest falls down to yourself

KayPam
28th Jun 2017, 16:22
What about a school that would have places at specific dates ?

What do you think about smartaero ?
They seem to be offering courses at a very reduced rate, which I find very surprising.

Piltdown Man
28th Jun 2017, 19:05
You should also include the briefing and debriefing time and bolt on a margin to cater for the unexpected. I'm sure you will also be able to get hold of a lesson plan beforehand. This is because I think you will be flying for more than one hour. Knowng how long each lesson is in advance may change your plan.

KayPam
28th Jun 2017, 19:24
Actually the real plan would be do train over several week ends.
Between friday and saturday, or between thursday and saturday.

What would be your opinion on this ?

neboskreb
4th Jul 2017, 08:55
Assuming your school is away from your home city, a better idea would be to take Friday and Monday off your work to have a long weekend. This doubles your chance for getting the weather+aircraft+instructor puzzle together. I believe, you should be done in 3 or 4 weekends.

Not sure about your school, but in mine SAT and SUN were working days just like MON-FRI

KayPam
4th Jul 2017, 19:09
Well, France is not famous for it's sunday workers haha

I really can't seem to get answers from flight schools. I've asked this to 6-8 ATO last week, only two answers from an english school and one french school.
However I can't go to england just for a weekend...

I especially wanted answers from polish school smartaero but they did not answer.

I think I'm just going to postpone this CPL training and maybe do it as soon as I can have two weeks off.

Is it possible to do a CPL training in two weeks, in any european country ? Two weeks would actually be 16 days.

magicmick
5th Jul 2017, 06:29
If you get good weather, good instructor availability, good aircraft availability, good examiner availability and you pass the skills test at the first attempt then it's possible. Lots of ifs and if you put yourself under time pressure you may affect your performance as you try to rush the training rather than taking a more relaxed approach.

noflynomore
5th Jul 2017, 16:08
I am a little concerned that this entire thread appears to ba about obytaining a CPL in 3 weeks. It may be assumed that the OP is actually asking if it is possible to do just the CPL flying course in 3 weeks but he did not say this. I trust he knows about the other 6 months in a classroom?

Assuming it is just the flying training to skills test that is required then one would need to know the level of profiency of the candidate before answering.
I think it would be very hard to find a school willing to commit an instructor(s) and aircraft to such an intensive programme (what of their other customers?) and in any case 3 weeks is not much time for so much flying in European weather. When is the skills test booked for?

magicmick's post is spot on.

In summary, risky.

KayPam
5th Jul 2017, 16:47
No worries mate, ATPL theory is passed

Yes, if costs were going to skyrocket juste because of bad weather at the very last available day for the test and that re-training is required, then I would have to wait several other months to get some vacation days, then re-train to the required standard and hope again that weather would be OK.

However if a Polish CPL training skyrockets from the advertised 2500€ at smartaero to 4000€, it's still half the French or English price...
I'll just wait for smartaero's answer I guess.

Piloto Maluco
5th Jul 2017, 20:54
ask Meteo if she is available. ;-)

neboskreb
6th Jul 2017, 13:00
KayPam, if you're not feared going to Poland, would Czech Republic also be an option for you? There is a nice flight to Prague with Czech Airlines which costs around €150. And Czechs do work on weekends, too ;)

Try these schools:
FLY FOR FUN (http://www.flyforfun.cz/en/)
AVIATICKÝ KLUB (http://www.aviatickyklub.cz/en/)
They both do CPL training, and they're very responsive and nice.

KayPam
6th Jul 2017, 15:13
Thanks, they seem to offer very decent prices !

The next few months will allow me to know for sure what I'm able to do