PDA

View Full Version : AviationExam question

momo95
21st Jun 2017, 14:44
Hi guys

I'm looking to make a subscription to a second question bank for the EASA ATPL Theory exams to supplement the bristol one I already have. I have been recommended aviationexam by quite a few though I'm having difficulty understanding just what products they offer.

I downloaded the desktop app for windows, I went to the store, chose EASA english ... then had the option for either subscriptions or ebooks. I don't get what the difference between the products is though because they both advertise question bank databases with explanations of the answers. I'm not quite sure which one I should pick.

My situation is that I have all the material via Bristol, I'm just looking to get another good EASA focused question bank.

Thanks for any help !

pilotjimbo
21st Jun 2017, 22:13
From my understanding BGS is the most EASA compliant and recommended QB out there.. however I also have AviationExam, but only as an app download of my iPhone/iPad.. and it's very simple. You get the 'lite' version free which only allows you to utilise 5% of the bank, and if you want 100% you pay...

ersa
21st Jun 2017, 22:57
Choose the question bank, random questions

momo95
22nd Jun 2017, 08:13
Thanks for the help guys :)

Lynx320
22nd Jun 2017, 10:38
momo95, my personal experience, I have sit already 8 CAA exams, and i can assure you that at least 85% of questions met during exams are the same as in AE.

I also use BGS, but as far as CAA exams are concerned, AE is the way to support your studies.

superflanker
4th Jul 2017, 08:45
Good to know this... which exams did you take?

neboskreb
4th Jul 2017, 09:35
As I mentioned in another thread, the best one can do is focus on passing the exam.

In this idea, the AviationExam has one great advantage: you see your percentage by each EASA code.
(in case you didn't know, all ATPL subjects are structured by sections and subsections which are assigned EASA codes, like "10.240.320 - Navigation/Charts/Different types of projection")

Now, Nordian books have index of section codes to pages. I.e. you can find that a code "10.240.320" is covered on pages 17, 18, and 23.

Next, be a smart learner: study only what you don't know yet. Test your existing knowledge and see which sections you got green and which red. Do not study the green ones! You know them already.

This all combined saves you a great amount of effort.

To be honest, 3 out of my 14 books I had never unwrapped from the factory plastic. This happened because my scores on those subjects were good enough already. From few other books I have had only few chapters to study hard, the rest was good enough. Altogether, this made my overall pain lesser.

Conclusion:
I recommend the AviationExam + Nordian combination, and a smart approach too.

superflanker
4th Jul 2017, 10:12
Thanks for the feedback. The most important part is if Aviation Exam contains an updated database.
You say aprox 85% coincidence, i don't know why some people say 70% new questions...

Thanks!

Constant92
6th Nov 2018, 16:15
From my experience, forget about Aviation Exam. I did a recent exam for UK CAA and from one of the subjects, none of the questions matched. From another 2 exams, I only did it because of my background experience, nothing to do with tha Aviation Exam app.
They are expensive and the bank doesn’t reflect the official exams.
There are other much better options on the market, BGS for example...
Good luck!

From my experience, thank you Aviation Exam! I have now finished and passed all my 14 exams at the Lithuanian CAA and Aviation Exam has proven to be an invaluable tool. Just because it didn't quite work out for you doesn't mean that everyone else has to 'forget' about it... You posted the same comment on three other threads.

I used both Aviation Exam and BGS and had no nasty surprises during my exams. However, and this is well known, not every CAA uses the same version of the EASA question bank. This is most definitely the case with the UK CAA which seems to be the first when it comes to updates and new questions being released.

If you haven't done so already I'd suggest you join the following Facebook group: 'ATPL Theory Students' - you'll find plenty of feedback and tips from students sitting exams at the UK CAA.

Hope that will help you and I personally wouldn't discourage anyone from using Aviation Exam. It's also a great learning material aside from being, in my experience, a reliable question bank.