PDA

View Full Version : EK banned from starting new routes in China for 6 months?

Divertnow
15th Jun 2017, 07:43
Apparently EK banned from starting new routes in China due to 2 level busts and a loss of comms incident. Surely there's more to this?

Jack330
15th Jun 2017, 11:22
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-15/emirates-fined-4-270-after-two-unsafe-incidents-in-china

Kamelchaser
15th Jun 2017, 12:01
The Chinese did a similar thing with the NZ milk powder industry a few years back. After Chinese farmers put Melamine (a banned chemical) into milk powder to increase its nitrogen content, thereby raising its apparent protein content. Many babies died from drinking contaminated baby milk powder, and the Chinese milk powder industry was devastated for years. New Zealand companies gained huge market share as domestic consumers refused to buy products from their own country.

To rebuild their own industry, the Chinese started putting huge compliance barriers in front of New Zealand milk powder exporters. Only a handful of NZ companies could afford the ridiculous compliance costs. In swept the large Chinese companies and actually bought up New Zealand milk producers, as well as setting up their own massive plants in New Zealand, buying NZ raw products and exporting to China.

Similar to what they're doing by blocking an overseas airline with bull**** excuses like this.

ExDubai
15th Jun 2017, 12:11
Apparently EK banned from starting new routes in China due to 2 level busts and a loss of comms incident. Surely there's more to this?
Nothing new, happened also to other carriers in the past. Just politics......

BigGeordie
15th Jun 2017, 13:54
Politics indeed, but the poloticians won't be getting the blame. Or the warning letters.

ExDubai
15th Jun 2017, 14:34
Politics indeed, but the poloticians won't be getting the blame. Or the warning letters.

Yepp, that's how it is.....

DCS99
15th Jun 2017, 20:49
Related to Pingate? The Taiwan flag uniform issue?

Divertnow
16th Jun 2017, 08:50
Related to Pingate? The Taiwan flag uniform issue?
The thought had crossed my mind. The milk thing is pretty scary stuff!

The Dominican
16th Jun 2017, 11:50
The Chinese have indeed increase the penalty for loss of comm events, now if they call you three times without a response it is considered a loss of comm...., but when you have to ask three or four times to repeat an ATC instruction because you don't understand WTH they are saying......, it's all good.

Rabbitwear
18th Jun 2017, 22:32
How about banning alll Chinese Airlines due to crew smoking illegally in the cockpit !

my salami
18th Jun 2017, 23:51
How about banning alll Chinese Airlines due to crew smoking illegally in the cockpit !

I don't want to play Devil's advocate here but, are you sure it's illegal?
After all, why all manufacturers have ash trays installed in the flight decks?

MS

JammedStab
19th Jun 2017, 12:08
I don't want to play Devil's advocate here but, are you sure it's illegal?
After all, why all manufacturers have ash trays installed in the flight decks?

MS

It must be legal...every washroom door and the crew rest facility door has an ashtray. That proves it is legal.:=

Plank Cap
20th Jun 2017, 11:23
..... thank goodness :)

JAYTO
22nd Jun 2017, 16:57
First. Lets make the Taiwanese cabin crew wear Chinese flags.
Second. Lets make the pilots wear headsets within 100 miles of China.
Third. Lets bow down to our Chinese over lords.
Oh hold on. That should be first.

mtogw
23rd Jun 2017, 04:32
Ashtrays fitted so those who might be breaking the rules at least have a safe place to extinguish and dispose of the cigarette instead of a trash bin,, and causing a fire..

ruserious
23rd Jun 2017, 07:07
Typical EK OPS over reaction to the China thing
Or just a bit of blame shifting

mach85
25th Jun 2017, 08:34

If I was in EK then i would be over the moon at that.

Less flying in China the better 😜👍