PDA

View Full Version : confused

boot
12th Jul 2002, 15:41
:confused: I am confused as to the different Air Traffic Control Companies - I am obviously aware of NATS but can anyone enlighten me to any others who train their employees or take ex NATS employees and if this actually happens - who are they, where are they and what if any reason would there be to consider NATS superior to them?? - I have my interview shortly if anyone is wondering why i might be interested in this information!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
12th Jul 2002, 18:45
I can't provide you with a complete answer but there are numerous employers of ATC staff. Many Local authorities employ their own staff at places like Luton, East Midlands, etc., and there are a number of companies supplying ATC staff elsewhere - SERCO, HIAL come to mind.

I have worked for one of the "supplying" organisations, for a private company providing ATC at its own airfield and for NATS. Thirty years ago I would not have hesitated if asked who was best to work for but I'm old and approaching retirement so my opinion hardly counts! Hopefully some of the younger people will express helpful opinions.

Good luck whatever..

12th Jul 2002, 19:21
HD, just remind me: who does the ATC at Luton?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
13th Jul 2002, 13:31
1261... oh yes, silly me.. it's NATS isn't it? I can't keep up with all this stuff!