PDA

View Full Version : Where to get an EASA SA330 Type rating?

Rudel
7th Jun 2017, 17:59
A friend of mine has a job offer, but canīt find anything... I know itīs an old bird, but surely itīs still flying somewhere in EASAland, isnīt it?

Self loading bear
7th Jun 2017, 19:14
A friend of mine has a job offer, but canīt find anything... I know itīs an old bird, but surely itīs still flying somewhere in EASAland, isnīt it?

Helis.com says Heli Union

SLB

maalsy
8th Jun 2017, 09:59
Don't think Heli-Union use 330s anymore.
...Maybe Starlite (they are HQed in Ireland) may help?

Thracian
8th Jun 2017, 14:49
Someone looking for a SA330 pilot cannot tell the candidate at least one TRI/TRE, where to get the TR?
Interesting...

Thracian

apb
8th Jun 2017, 17:24
Babcock MCS Spain is operating an AS330J.

Rudel
9th Jun 2017, 06:07
Really appreciated those tips, thanks you all! :)

gulliBell
9th Jun 2017, 14:17
I'm curious why the friend needs to do the legwork on this? Surely the employer must be all tricked up for either doing whatever training is required for new staff, or finding a training provider to do it?

Cyclic Hotline
9th Jun 2017, 14:33
It does seem a little strange that an Operator with this type doesn't have the aircraft or personnel to conduct these activities themselves. How do they maintain their requirements for their own operations? Why would any operator look for these services outside their own system?

Nubian
9th Jun 2017, 14:47
It does seem a little strange that an Operator with this type doesn't have the aircraft or personnel to conduct these activities themselves. How do they maintain their requirements for their own operations? Why would any operator look for these services outside their own system?

Well, if the friend has an EASA license and has been offered a job where a validation is needed, then the typerating need to go on the license before... or he will need to convert his license which may be more of a hassle....