PDA

View Full Version : Where to do my CPL training ?

Manoranjit
31st May 2017, 05:37
Hello,

I've completed 2 DGCA papers (Meterology and Air regulations).
I planned to do my flying in USA since it has a lot of flight schools with accelerated course in which zero to CPL with multi engine and instrument rating can be done within 8 months and especially the FAA theory exams would be much easier than the DGCA theory exams, but unfortunately I didn't get my visa for the USA.
Can someone please suggest me in which country and some good flight schools in that country to do my CPL training where the theory exams are easier than the DGCA theory exams and the entire training could done at a faster pace within a period of 12 months.

Thank you.

Windymind
31st May 2017, 14:26
hello Manoranjit,

Canada is a really great place to fly too despite the cold. However, if I am not mistaken it is even cheaper to fly in Canada compared to the U.S.

In addition, Canadian Licences are just as respected as other international licences and you get great weather to help you with your training in different scenarios such as flying in cold weather (especially as you progress to your Instrument Rating).

For the best part, I know for sure that flight schools in Montreal, QC help international students with the visa process for coming into and staying in Canada afterwards. Some schools like Academy of Aeronautics and even Cargair help students with accomodation and transport.

You should check out the websites!

Best of luck with you search!

Martin_123
31st May 2017, 15:04
There's not much point in going after a cheap and easy course if it results in a licence that your desired country/operator doesn't accept. I think you have to approach this question from a completely different angle - figure out where are you legally allowed to work, figure out which operators you would like to work for and then see what their requirements are. If you end up with an FAA licence, chances are your desired operator will ask you to convert it to EASA/DGCE/Whatever else and you will have to do the studying all over again

Belfly
31st May 2017, 18:45
It's great place to fly in Canada but it's realy cheaper to fly in USA.

In Canada, you may expect for a C172 around 160$/H, in USA around 85/110/H