PDA

View Full Version : Jos in Iran ?

bafanguy
30th May 2017, 21:35
So, job opportunities in Iran. Would these be considered worth pursuing in light of the political environment ?

https://www.pilothiring.com/pilot-jobs/ATR72-600-Captains-24929.html

https://www.pilothiring.com/pilot-jobs/ATR72-600-First-Officers-24930.html

https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/9530.html

B2N2
30th May 2017, 23:16
Depends.
Are you from Iran?
Are you from a country that is "friendly" with Iran?
If not, stay the hell away.

luvly jubbly
31st May 2017, 02:52
Just visiting Iran disqualifies you from the USA visa waiver (ESTA) programme.

AQIS Boigu
31st May 2017, 06:37

Totally incorrect - I have been to Iran and I hold an ESTA

Icelanta
31st May 2017, 07:10
Having 2 passports deals very effectively with this US ESTA ban.

SMT Member
31st May 2017, 08:33

So, another positive aspect then?

bafanguy
31st May 2017, 08:36
Depends.
Are you from Iran?
Are you from a country that is "friendly" with Iran?
If not, stay the hell away.

Merely idle curiosity in light of the politics. A now-deceased mentor flew for Iran Air MANY moons ago...loved the job, country and people. That's obviously changed now.

luvly jubbly
31st May 2017, 10:00
Totally incorrect - I have been to Iran and I hold an ESTA

It is you who are totally incorrect.
I too have been to Iran. And used to have an ESTA until the US authorities cancelled it..

I suggest you enter the USA legally with a B1/B2. It lasts 10 years so is easier than the ESTA.

My Email from CBP:

ESTA Status Change

You are receiving this message because you are no longer authorized to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program.

In the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015, travelers in the following categories are no longer eligible to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program:
Those who have had presence in, or travel to Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria on or after March 1, 2011
Those nationals of VWP countries who are also nationals of Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria
Please view additional details regarding the new requirements at www.cbp.gov/ESTA.

If you do not believe these new restrictions apply to you, you may contact CBP with questions regarding your individual case. Please see additional details and contact information at https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask.

Please note, you still may be eligible to travel to the United States with a valid nonimmigrant visa. You should evaluate any current or future travel plans to the United States, and, when possible, apply for a nonimmigrant visa approximately three months in advance of your desired travel. If your travel is imminent, most U.S. Embassies and Consulates worldwide have short wait times for visa interviews, and expedited appointments are available at most locations for urgent business, medical, or humanitarian travel.

To begin the process to apply for a U.S. nonimmigrant visa, you will find information and application materials at travel.state.gov.

luvly jubbly
31st May 2017, 10:02
Having 2 passports deals very effectively with this US ESTA ban.

Declaring you have not visited Iran is not particularly bright.

It's much easier to just get a 10 year B1/B2 and enter legally........

Icelanta
31st May 2017, 13:02
The USA does not and can not know that you entered Iran if you do not tell them and have no stamps from Iranian Immigration in the passport you show to the US authorities.

2 passports always solve these kind of issues, just like the Israel-Saudi/Emirates issue by the way. This is also the reaon why my country issues 2 passports anyway. To eliminate entry restrictions when having visited third countries.

Rule3
31st May 2017, 15:20
Assuming your PPrune name and your location are correct, then might I say your last post is naive in the extreme.

Cup vs Cake
31st May 2017, 15:51
Love how these threads go off on tangents....

Rule3
31st May 2017, 17:02
Assuming your PPrune name and your location are correct, then might I say your last post is naive in the extreme.