PDA

View Full Version : Unpaid leave for pilots?

delorean79
28th May 2017, 11:20
Check last email. For non operational AND engineers, pilots and cabin crew...

I want my PAID LEAVE from my bank!

If they are able to offer unpaid leave... why can't I get my PAID leave?

BANANASBANANAS
28th May 2017, 11:53
A very fair question.

White Knight
28th May 2017, 12:01
Just don't lose your recency or you'll have to pay for the sim😬

BANANASBANANAS
28th May 2017, 12:09
I wonder how the pilot roadshows are going?

Actively recruiting while offering unpaid leave. A strange combination.

777-200LR
28th May 2017, 13:02
You guys have been predicting GF2 for years so why acting so surprised?? I can guarantee you CM has told them where the excess fat is and schedules will continue to be trimmed. Meaning aircraft will be parked and if a deal can be made, even stored or leased out. Why is everyone acting like this is the first time you've seen this happen?

The.Humble.Guy
28th May 2017, 14:08
Unpaid leave unavailable for line pilots, NOT management pilots...

Have a look on (eyecru) at a certain deputy chief pilot... yes that's right, on unpaid leave.

glofish
28th May 2017, 14:22
a certain deputy chief pilot... yes that's right, on unpaid leave

That's a safety measure, keeping them away from the stick.
Just as keeping a lot of morons away from their desks in EGHQ .....

Unpaid leave:
Good news for all whale jockeys, every morning you can count at least 18 units sequestered at maintenance, so enjoy a clean leave bank!
Unfortunately the main fleet has to do the job, not to lose even more doe i guess. :{

White none please
28th May 2017, 14:28
Is it Boeing & Airbus? Can't see anything fleet specific in the e mail........

donpizmeov
28th May 2017, 14:39
You get up too early Gloie. They are all at gates ready to go by lunchtime.

glofish
28th May 2017, 15:02
Keep on dreaming don, or is your head stuck in the same sandpit as the managers'?

Wnp: I asked (B) and got it denied ...... go figure.

White none please
28th May 2017, 15:17
Thanks Glo. ����������

ruserious
28th May 2017, 15:50
Glofer, you really are a broken record

glofish
28th May 2017, 16:14
wiseass

can you put that in level6 English, please?

I guess you are offended by someone observing the desperate towing exercise to cover up the blunderbus surplus. Sure enough these units go flying at a certain time. They need to be operated due to leasing issues. But please, up to a few weeks ago we never saw such numbers parked. They might eventually go to the emptied stands, once all T7s went working, and await a rare flight. But they were grounded for a time that exceeds by far the normally operative level.
So excuse me for pointing out the difference in the leave situation (or for that matter unpaid leave situation) on different fleets. A tiny amount of fatalistic sarcasm should be allowed, if some of us work their butts off while others enjoy a lot of days off and seem to be more able to get unpaid leave (or normal leave for that matter). It would pass more easily if it were not accompanied by pure denial of what this surplus of guzzling animals have done to the company, our wallets and now the T7s jockeys time off.
The 380 is a disaster, has always been called that, apart from management and some suffering from the shiny "super" syndrome.

Today it simply shows. Any denial is Trumpesque.

White Knight
28th May 2017, 16:57
Glo. You really do talk out of your nether regions... I guess they ignored your 'expertise' in airline management by doubling up the BHX, PVG and PEK routes to the 'Whale'... Not that I want China😮 but Brum I'm happy with!

Factor in the original terminal being virtually rebuilt and yep, there are lots of 777 and 380 parked out at remote stands waiting to be towed to a contact gate!

Eau de Boeing
28th May 2017, 17:30
Apparently the unpaid leave to pilots thing was a mistake by HR and there's none available on either fleet. So there we are Blowpish, balanced like the chips on both your shoulders.

EK-or-bust
28th May 2017, 18:15
Are you sure, Eau-de-B?
No unpaid leave at all for us? (I'm 777 as well).
Anything official?

High Energy
28th May 2017, 18:27
Starting to sound very familiair at what they did over at T2. We need to cut the operational budget? Ok, unpaid leave offered to pilots and cc. Quite a few took it and suddenly the bulb switches back on and they are cancelling awarded UL for many. :D

Monarch Man
28th May 2017, 19:15
WK, straight out of someone's mouth who knows, 380's getting extra resting time, but no more than 36hrs or so and they also heard the rumour of a number of 77Ws, numbering in the teens, also going too get extra resting time. Part 1 fact, part 2 rumour.
Just passing on what was told to me outside of earshot, CVRs and listening devices!

White Knight
28th May 2017, 21:36
Possibly MM because we're a tad short on pilots?

The leave calendar still shows broad swathes of red. And only red!

ruserious
29th May 2017, 02:49
Glofer.... QED

nakbin330
29th May 2017, 02:58
The company is not offering to give us anything. They are selling us days off.

Eau de Boeing
29th May 2017, 04:59
Confirmed this morning via email. No leave available for pilots.

QNHbox
29th May 2017, 05:16
Guys don't forget that we are ALL on the same side. It makes no sense to be fighting each other when the real important stuff is how unfair is the unpaid leave situation when everybody has more than a month of PL in the bank, regardless of what aircraft you fly. I am T7. I am suffering like many of my colleagues and like the 330 guys did before us. Is the 380 next?, who knows? Enjoy it while you can.
The main point is do not let them divide us.
Just my opinion.
Safe flights!

CaptainChipotle
29th May 2017, 17:04
Haha. If you never get paid leave that you're owed, why do you think they'd give you unpaid leave?

Obviously short on warm bodies, so it's business as usual, like it's been for years.

Is the ship still sinking? Or is it just smoking but floating?

aeropix
29th May 2017, 18:17
I thought all of our leave was unpaid leave, given that there is no credit for leave days since I've been working here...

CaptainChipotle
29th May 2017, 20:11
I thought all of our leave was unpaid leave, given that there is no credit for leave days since I've been working here...

Very true. Good point.

JAYTO
30th May 2017, 04:15
paid leave..... you get your basic pay.

unpaid leave..... you dont get your basic pay.

J

Kennytheking
30th May 2017, 04:23
JAYTO,

We know that.......take a step back and look at the bigger picture. When you see the hidden meaning click "like".:cool:

JAYTO
30th May 2017, 04:32
Kenny..

You may understand the difference. I think others may have been a bit confused, hence my post.

Thanks.

J

Kennytheking
30th May 2017, 04:37
Ok,

What aeropix is saying is that we get paid a basic salary for 90 hours of flying. If you have 7 days of leave, and you still fly 90 hours, your leave has simply replaced days that would have been off anyways, meaning it's effectively unpaid. Personally, I think theft would have been a better comparison......

JAYTO
30th May 2017, 05:06
I see your point now.

Theft is a very good word to use.

Thanks

J

donpizmeov
30th May 2017, 05:47
Pay neutral paycut removed the 2.5hrs credit leave received at the end of 2003.
The promise then was that it would still be included in rostering rules to prevent roster compression. Kind of like the promise that 92hrs would not become a target when the threshold was increased. At least they are consistent.