PDA

View Full Version : For those who have lost money with SFT and continue to complain.

twinkletoes
28th Nov 2001, 06:14
I have read many messages and seen the news clip and to all those who have lost money with SFT. HOW STUPID ARE YOU?????.
Will you stop your bitching and whining.
You have only one person to blame for your losses and that is yourself.
Why on earth did you pay money up front??? It beggers belief, the stupidity of some people is becoming impossible to comprehend.
You had at least three options for payment which guaranteed that you would lose little or no money.
1. Pay as you go (can't get much more simple.)
2. The eschro account (i think that's the correct term) requiring 2 signature for the withdrawl of your money.
3. The credit card (what a fantastic piece of modern technology). It covers you for any losses.

Now number 3 take a little explaining.
Yes you have to pay a little more, 3% I believe, a small price to pay for piece of mind. You also may have a problem with the limit on your credit card....hang on...no you don't, if you can get your grubby little mitts on £18000 then, instead of happily handing it over to Mr C Green, why not credit you Credit Card account with it, then make your payment and hey presto you have an £18000 plus limit on it. (Think of all those air miles you would have had).
Now lets be fair to all those people you have slated at SFT, namely Mr C Green (bless his cotton socks). He may not be squeaky clean but he is a buisness man after all. Do you really expect him to stop cashing cheques because times are hard, what would you do.?
Well I for one would try my damned hardest to keep my company afloat and utilized all my assets.Had continuing to cash cheques worked,and the company remained afloat none of you would be bleating on here about your own stupidity and to see you whining to the media was absolutley pitifull, jeez, one guy who was there in front of the camera wasn't even a student any more (you know who you are baldy)!
Did any of morons do any research before you started, did you hear what happened to the students a SECOT. There is even a (very good) book out call somthing along the line of 'How to get your CPL' by Clive Hughs and if you don't pay too much attention he states in BOLD LETTERS..Don't pay any money up front. (Nice one Clive)
Well where do I come in to all of this. I'm sure you have speculated...oooo that must be so and so, or he must have been Colins lap dog. Well I'm sad to say all I am is a very satisfied student who paid his money as he went, no discounts for me, I even turned down the NVQ option as I felt happier losing the 23% discount that risk losing more money that most people would ever see in a lifetime.
Now for the good news,. This situation has left many of you unable to complete your trainning. GOOD! We don't need commercial pilots out there with your obvious lack of common sense, it's probably saved many lives.
Unfortunatly there will be the persistant ones and all I can hope for is that you will get caught out either in the interview stage or when you come to take you sim ride.

Please, please don't push the CAA into forming some sort of regulation. They charge enough money to sit examinations an provide examiners for your cpl/ir. All you will sucseed in doing will be to price people who deserve to get there ATPL out of the market. Lets face it any extra charges they do apply will go into nicer offices (if thats possible) or the latest high tech answering machine service designed to reduce their work load.
Give up now...let this be a lesson.

[ 28 November 2001: Message edited by: twinkletoes ]

Gunner B12
28th Nov 2001, 08:44
Twinkletoes

I don’t believe in making personal attacks especially in forums such as this so please take what follows as constructive criticism.

Firstly to use the positive title to the thread then post the line you did indicates a deceitful character not consistent with the character type one would expect of a professional pilot I do hope this is not the norm for you.

Secondly the gloating and at times condescending tone of the post is not worthy of inclusion in this forum which should be an area of mutual support not an opportunity to show the world how superior you consider yourself to be.

Thirdly if in future you aspire to a position as a pilot I do hope that you will do something about your grammar, or at least learn to use a spell checker as the post as it stands does not inspire one to credit you with the education one would expect a pilot to have.

Finally whilst you give financial advice it is fairly obvious that there is still much for you to learn and it would be wiser to stay quiet than to demonstrate your lack of knowledge.
In closing I will point out that I have no axe to grind here I don’t even reside in the same country as SFT. Compassion is a word you would do well to learn and another good one is humility.
:( :( :(

(Edited to improve layout for clarity)
(Edited to compensate for the spell checker not knowing I meant advice when I put advise)

[ 28 November 2001: Message edited by: gunner b 1 2 ]

[ 28 November 2001: Message edited by: gunner b 1 2 ]

spitfire747
28th Nov 2001, 12:30
People do make mistakes and i do not think it is anyones rite to "have a go at them for wining about it"

People have lost money they had great difficulty in obtaining, some maybe have had to kiss goodbye to their dreams !

In future please keep this sort of reply to yourself

Thankyou

helimutt
28th Nov 2001, 12:47
twinkletoes: just let me check out your thought process for a while. You state you didn't want to take the NVQ option. Why not? I'm assuming here that you completed your training some time ago because the NVQ option finished over a year ago. My point is, that even if you did pay as you went along, hour by hour, if you were registered for the NVQ deduction, then you could also fill a form in to accompany every payment you made, no matter how much the amount.
Thus saving you 23% of nearly all costs. If you didn't finish your training some time ago and it was only recently, then maybe it wasn't the NVQ scheme you were on about.

As for slagging people off for losing money, I think the other posts here say it all.

Midland Maniac
28th Nov 2001, 14:54
How dare you come on this forum and blatently slag of people that have lost money at SFT. Who the hell do you think you are!!!! You do not know the individual circumstances of anyone at SFT, so you have no right to comment on there intelligence.

I bet you are great fun to be around at a funeral!!! Some people, who are very good friends of mine have been stung very badly from SFT and I am sure that they really don't need people like you 'kicking them when they are down!'. Suggest if you don't like what people have been saying about SFT, then don't read it!!!

MM :mad: :mad: :mad:

distaff_beancounter
28th Nov 2001, 15:51
Twinkletoes' profile indicates that he is "at home" & "doing the dole"

I assume that this means that those of us who are gainfully employed, are paying for him to stay at home, & write these endearing & helpful postings.

On the other hand, I can well understand why he is "at home - doing the dole". Anyone fancy offering him a job? If so what as? Suggestions on a posting, please
:confused:

twinkletoes
28th Nov 2001, 15:57
The letter I have posted has quite rightly gernerated several replies already, so perhaps it's time for me to make further comment.
Firstly let me address gunner b 1 2.
As you correctly point out, this is no place for personal attacks so as you said please take this as constuctive critisism.
I have to agree with your pshyco analysis, the title is very deceitful and for that I apologise. My only excuse is that it has come out of sheer anger and frustration, in fact if it is at all possible I will change it.
You have accused me of gloating, this time I have to disagree. I had the utmost sympathy for those who lost money with SFT. Unfortunately over a period of time this sympathy has turned into anger due to the constant complaining and backstabbinng that has occured in the period since SFT went under.
I have just about had enough of peoples attitudes to their own mistakes and in this case, fortunately there is a forum for me to state this.
I am far from feeling superior to any of these people here, in fact quite the opposite. I have made many mistakes but I alone made these mistakes and have no one to blame but myself. Just as the people we are discussing I have no right to complaint.
The fact remains that parting with vast sums of cash with little or no security is a very foolish thing to do. In it's basic form it is gambling, and as any gambler knows you should never bet more money than you are prepared to loose.
Now the subject of my education, you really are scraping the bottom of the barrel when you start making attacks on that. Replies do not have to come in three or even four parts. If you only have two valid points thats fine you don't need to pad it out.
My education was far from the best, mediocre some may say. To add to that since leaving school I have had no reason to improve upon my grammer until now but I will take on board your comment work on it.
There is however no spell checker on this message page and I do not have a dictionary to hand so please accept my appologies if my inability to spell each and every word correctly in this informal forum offends you.
Now onto my so called financial advise, at least two out of the three options are perfectly valid. I know so because they are options myself and fellow students have taken. However as I pointed out (rather sarcasticly I am ashamed to say),anyone undertaking CPL training should research thoroughly their options.
Do not rely on people in forums such as this, banks, building societies and credit card companies are far better placed to do so.

Now on to Helimut. You seem to know so much about NVQ. Do you remember when it ceased? In certain cirumstances to obtain full benefit from NVQ a student was required to pay a large sum of money up front. As I am not a gambling man a 23% gain did not outway the possibility of a 100% loss.

As for the other replies, I hope I have addressed your comments.

Bloody long way down
28th Nov 2001, 16:12
BF2,

Totally agree.

At a time such as this where moral is very low indeed, we do not need people such as this badmouthing all and sundry who make a mistake. Those at SFT lost money due to the fact that the students were unaware of the problems to come. Nothing was said until after the event, by that time it was too late.

I for one was lied to at that time about their financial problems so all in all it comes down to deceitfulness, as does the topic of this thread.

I would think carefully about posting such a thread next time Twinkletoes. Completely unfair and unwanted in this forum.

Good luck to all those who have experienced such losses. Perseverence is the key.

scroggs
28th Nov 2001, 16:23
As this thread helps and informs absolutely no-one at all, I am closing it.