PDA

View Full Version : KCAA CPL written exams

19th May 2017, 14:39
Does anyone know how to pass these exams ? ... i've heard of the system that people use & install on their laptops. With the database in it. How can i get a hold of it. I am really looking for a way to get done with the exams & continue with the rest of my hours. Please help

kibz2005
22nd May 2017, 05:05
Step 1: You ask on the internet

Step 2: You realise how futile your attempt was

Step 3: Open your actual textbooks which you spent a lot of money on

Step 4: (and this is the most complex one) R-E-A-D your books. Actually read them. Who knows? There might actually be some useful information that may actually help you in your attempt at becoming a career pilot! :8

Step 5: Stop being lazy.

The exams are hard because the profession is hard. Everyone who holds a CPL had to pass some, some with more than one attempt. You are working to get a commercial licence which means you will one day be carrying revenue passengers. That means you might one day carry me or even my family. I don't want someone who took shortcuts to get where they are to be anywhere near the controls of the aircraft I or any of my kin are using. So stop wasting time and actually get some work done.

Journey Man
25th May 2017, 06:11
The above poster's advice isn't technically true. When I sat the performance exam, the graphs supplied in the examination booklet were so worn, there was a hole in the page where the correct answer should have been read off. Unfortunately, the hole encompassed several of the multiple choice answers, limiting how educated a guess I could make given that the necessary section of graph was missing.

You may also "fail" a few exams depending on your ancestry, regardless of performance.

I sat them a decade ago though, so i hope things have changed!