PDA

View Full Version : Options passed a 3rd level medical appeal

Pony88
17th May 2017, 07:55
Hi!

I have been battling with the ADF for the past 4 years over a hat trick of knee reconstructions i endured between the ages of 17-19. 2 on my right, 1 on my left from playing American Football (Im Australian just to clarify)

Post these surgeries, i have made 2 national teams, won 2 state tournaments as a wide receiver, and 3 local titles as both receiver and quarter back/defensive back. I lift/run every day, experience no pain or disabilities relating to the previous surgeries and to be honest - outperform most other athletes i come across.

I have just received the denied third level of appeal with regard to these injuries despite overwhelming evidence from my sport trainers/physio's of the national/state teams, my surgeon, independent physio's and consults with the West Coast Eagles sport doctor and an Ex-SAS regiment doctor.

I have heard of a 4th level appeal, but after speaking the the medical section in Perth this afternoon they have told me i have no other options with regard to overturning their decision "at this stage"..

Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with this, anyone in the medical field i could possibly talk to that the ADF would listen too, or avenues to get around this type of thing.

Thanks in advance!