PDA

View Full Version : JA calls it...

The Outlaw
16th May 2017, 17:04
So, anyone else hear that JA throws in the towel at a DXB based carrier?

It looks suspiciously like the lower compartments have flooded.

The ingress of the sea continues over the water tight bulkheads of the HMS Unsinkable, didn't Thomas Andrews once say "we just build them better"?

Lets see who shows up on the next lifeboat.

Any guesses?

Jack D
16th May 2017, 18:44
Jennifer Aniston ?

glofish
16th May 2017, 19:46
No, Julian Assange!

Jumeirah James
16th May 2017, 20:27
Jeffrey Archer gets my vote

fantom
16th May 2017, 20:31
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Assange

buggah. Glo got there first.

Got2luvem
16th May 2017, 21:00
Julie Andrews ??

fliion
16th May 2017, 21:14
Calls what? The hills alive with the sound of 🎼

Dropp the Pilot
16th May 2017, 21:37
Julie Andrews. It's a longstanding thing.

Dropp the Pilot
16th May 2017, 21:38
Add your "longstanding" double-entendre here.

TangoUniform
16th May 2017, 22:25
TOGA The Orange Guy A.... Not to be confused with TCAS or EGT.

The Outlaw
17th May 2017, 02:08
Wow, you really have to spell it out for some heh?

fliion
17th May 2017, 03:29
I like 'ATC' for TICH's boss.

donpizmeov
17th May 2017, 04:06
ATC is clever. Like it.

jack schidt
17th May 2017, 04:51
J.A

Just Another (that's as ineffective as the rest).

Good day,

J

Ngenfire
18th May 2017, 12:56
"Just About" hanging in there and signing FCIs today.

EchoKilla
18th May 2017, 16:33
Still in the building but Just About to go. Papers submitted in the outbox...

donpizmeov
19th May 2017, 07:23
Rumour has it TICH is on the way out as well.

KippaLippa
19th May 2017, 07:38
This thread is very amusing.
incomprehensible, but who cares.....

fliion
20th May 2017, 15:42
Latest & widely circulating- A show down meeting attended by up to 20-30 mid to snr level managers turned testy with ATC responding (shouting appparently) to CM's outside box suggestions - "you dont know the culture & how things work here"

Shifting sands

BigGeordie
20th May 2017, 16:23
You mean the culture of greed, fear, corruption and wasta? I would say that IS the problem with 'the way things are done around here'. I'm sure CM is learning pretty fast.

TangoUniform
20th May 2017, 17:18
B.G., you forgot arrogance, hubris, and incompetence.

flareflyer
21st May 2017, 01:46
ATC?????
Please explain.......

Kamelchaser
21st May 2017, 02:18
"you dont know the culture & how things work here"

My response to that would be that things are no longer "working around here". In pretty much every department. After many years in this company, I'm afraid to say that this outfit is in complete meltdown.

ruserious
21st May 2017, 09:26
At a guess the T is for THE, the A is the first name of a noble leader and the C is for whatever you think it should stand for

MR8
21st May 2017, 12:52
At a guess the T is for THE, the A is the first name of a noble leader and the C is for whatever you think it should stand for

A nobleman starting with a "C"?? Must be a Count!!!

perthbound
21st May 2017, 16:51
JA= J. Alsfrd
Turned in his notice last week some time, dont know why but he is on his way out.

Enos
21st May 2017, 17:25
Always thought TOGA was a decent guy.

Believe he's been fired at least once in his time with the company, which in this part of the world makes him ok.

Better than TCAS for sure!!

Talparc
22nd May 2017, 07:27
The Rats are leaving the sinking ship!

Ngenfire
22nd May 2017, 09:20
Talparc - A bit harsh with regard to JA.

Maybe, like many of us, one or both of his buckets are full and he is ready for something / somewhere else!

Panther 88
22nd May 2017, 09:34
He seemed a nice enough fellow to me, but unless there was some backroom support we minions would never be let in on, saw very little effectiveness. Rosters, leave, change of accommodations, etc....no change. No "Rules of Engagement" with regard to scheduling/rostering were ever published as his goal on arrival was. Again, we aren't knowledgeable to what he may have prevented in the long run. Good luck to him and the relief of pressure of leaving.

Dirty Harrold
22nd May 2017, 19:19
I would agree. JA was reasonably fair where it counted. His hands were tied from the beginning. Those issues such as rosters, leave, QOL, were not really in the control of FLT OPS from the beginning and I know that there really wasn't much he could do.

Typical of the outfit.

Dirty Harrold
22nd May 2017, 20:18
They can try that approach but I would expect that to expedite the outflow and reduce the intake of "operational" staff.

They know they have to tread carefully but with every move they make they just keep helping with increasing the resignations while showing any new comers that coming to the show now is like going to the bar at closing time.

JAARule
23rd May 2017, 03:39
Of all the sobriquets bestowed upon management types, AtC would have to be the most amusing, most succinct and without doubt the most fitting and deserved. Best new title of the decade.

A nobleman starting with a "C"?? Must be a Count!!!:ok::ok::ok::ok:

Avid Aviator
23rd May 2017, 18:19
JA, aka TOGA, never stood up for his people, never stood up to his boss TCAS and never told the owners what they needed to hear. He will live with that legacy, but I guess he has financial gain and several years of cushy hours and other perks to compensate him.
He was weak and even the locals saw through that, overlooking him for his long aspired tilt at the top job. Reap what you sow.
I'm sure those with kind words here have fair reason, but plenty of us have good reason to be happy to see the door slam on his arse on the way out.
Good riddance. Although I know what follows will be no better!

5star
24th May 2017, 05:44
AA post: like

Filling deep pockets and other than managing an email inbox, zero to very limited action. They all call themselves 'captains' but none of them have any idea what we endure every month...
bring on the next one. Nothing will change anyway.

Schnowzer
24th May 2017, 19:50
JA, aka TOGA, never stood up for his people, never stood up to his boss TCAS and never told the owners what they needed to hear.

He tried, got smacked down saw the writing on the wall. All managers at EK join being told they will be able to make a difference but are then just given accountability without any authority to make changes. Every now and then someone says what they think and they swiftly disappear from the fray. In training there were the culls of a few years ago, it also happened in recruitment. You can say anything you want as long as you agree with the boss; that is why we are looking for paddles!

PositiveRate876
25th May 2017, 07:40
that is why we are looking for paddles!

I think it's beyond the paddles stage.
Now it's on to the "lets hope it's a padded iceberg!" stage.

Big Enos Burdette
25th May 2017, 07:44
HD calls it too....

Mango
25th May 2017, 08:08
HD calls it too....

Got that email. Wish people would just say what's really on their mind. "Feel the wind and rain on my face"???? I wonder what he really wanted to say.

Craggenmore
25th May 2017, 08:12
Got that email. Wish people would just say what's really on their mind. "Feel the wind and rain on my face"???? I wonder what he really wanted to say.

He's looking forward to some quality links golf :ok:

puff m'call
25th May 2017, 08:17
Isn't HD threatening to bail out too?

The Zohan
25th May 2017, 20:58
Originally Posted by puff m'call View Post
Isn't HD threatening to bail out too?
Time to check your emails, puff.

ROFLMAO!!!

tz