PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Boomset SIL Bose A20

Pehon
13th May 2017, 14:10
Hey, i work in an airline that doesn't allow the Bose A20 because its not listed in Airbus's Service Information Letter SIL 23-053.

I spent the entire day looking for the publication "Airbus Service Information Letter (SIL) titled – Cockpit Audio equipment (Boomsets, Headsets and Microphones)" but i couldn't find it. I'm hoping there is an updated SIL that included the Bose A20 into the list.

I am trying to go down the right way to get the documents to have it officially included in my company's "approved" list.

My question is, where can I find Airbus's SIL publications? Will it be reasonable for me to simply email Airbus and/or Bose for it?

bpilot92
15th Jan 2018, 08:47
would like to know the same

EGPFlyer
15th Jan 2018, 18:17
Unfortunately I think the last SIL on the subject was the one listed, 23-053 which was published in 2011 so there are no recent headsets on it. Does your company allow FAA TSO C139 or EASA ETSO C139 certified headsets as they are widely available and the A20 is certified to both.

Out of interest, what are the company issued headsets as it’s unlikely they are on the 2011 list either?