PDA

View Full Version : Medical Insurance increased yet again!!

TCU LUX
24th Apr 2017, 13:38
Just in case you hadn't noticed - Emirates Cat A medical insurance premiums (for dependants) had gone up yet again.

10% this time.

Should we expect a similar increase in salary :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Chip chip chip.....the 'package' keeps getting worse.

And before someone stands up for the company and says this is only 50 dhs a month or what ever ----- that's not the point.

Don Corleone
24th Apr 2017, 15:25
Isn't it just the notification of a change in the manual reflecting the 10% increase we had a few months ago....

TCU LUX
24th Apr 2017, 17:03
The new rates quoted are 10% more than I paid last month...so I would say it's another 10%? Open to correction.

Rhodes13
24th Apr 2017, 17:11
Don is right. This was a notification of the manual being updated to reflect the new prices that were announced in March.

TCU LUX
24th Apr 2017, 17:12
Isn't it just the notification of a change in the manual reflecting the 10% increase we had a few months ago....

Actually you're correct . This was announced in Feb and became effective since April. So not another 10%.

Climbing off my high horse...but still not happy about it :}

Joker11
24th Apr 2017, 17:42
Just received my claim back. What a rip off. EK claims they got great medical benefits...

TOGA!
24th Apr 2017, 19:10
Joker11

make sure you appeal.

explain in painfully great detail why you believe it to be a proper claim. I have done so twice and was reimbursed. Not saying it is fun or right, but can be done.

Joker11
24th Apr 2017, 19:22
Joker11

make sure you appeal.

explain in painfully great detail why you believe it to be a proper claim. I have done so twice and was reimbursed. Not saying it is fun or right, but can be done.

Thank you. Will do!

parabellum
24th Apr 2017, 23:26
If it is allowed I would opt out of the company scheme and go to BUPA.

5star
25th Apr 2017, 05:23
The problem is we cannot opt out ourselves. Only family members (stand to be corrected) can. Same with dental cover.
The increase in fees is NOT the worrying part. Most have little or no idea how they keep adding exclusions every few month... and these might possibly ruin you financially...
Have a look, if you can find them....

fatbus
25th Apr 2017, 07:09
There has always been limits . Some families have lost a lot due to coverage being exhausted quickly. If your family ever have major health issues be forewarned.

TCU LUX
25th Apr 2017, 07:25
There has always been limits . Some families have lost a lot due to coverage being exhausted quickly. If your family ever have ma for health issues be forewarned.

That's true. But they continue to increase fees while increasing the number of exclusions :=

ferris
26th Apr 2017, 07:47
Check for exclusions involving alcohol. A new development recently discovered in the middle east which caused a lot of grief recently.

OMAAbound
26th Apr 2017, 09:30
Least you've all got the profit share to fall back on to cover your ever increasing cost! 😐😐