PDA

View Full Version : Alouette sold

dieseldo
14th Apr 2017, 13:16
I was a little surprised by this as I thought that the aircraft had been gifted to the historic flight trust. So selling off the aircraft seems a little strange. Anyone know the ins and outs?
I believe it has gone to a very good home so probably not a bad option.

"The British Ministry of Defence have tragically denied funding to the Army Air Corps Historic Flight necessitating the flight to sell off the Army's only airworthy Alouette II.

This aircraft could have been lost forever had it not been for the goodwill of Aviafora member 'Steve' who has recently purchased the craft.

Not only has this aircraft been rescued, but Steve says that he will maintain the craft's original livery and that as his schedule permits he will enable the craft to be viewed at various public events.

While astonished at the MoD's lack of commitment towards preserving the AAC's Historic Flight, Aviafora are extremely grateful to Steve for rescuing this iconic aircraft and for his commitment to keeping what was the AAC's last airworthy Alouette in the skies!"

heli1
14th Apr 2017, 20:49
Historic Flight couldn't afford cost of overhaul ,as I heard it. Steve will need deep pockets...probably at least £100,000 to return to flight.

md 600 driver
14th Apr 2017, 21:20
I wondered how long it would be before the jungle drums started beating.
Yes the historic flight Alouette has been sold ,owing to the very large cost to get back into flying condition , I might add also like many gazelles from the U.K. Military
At this moment she is in thousands of pieces at a maintenance organisation specializing in Alouette helicopters being inspected and repaired so she will fly again

Not sure where all this information gets compiled from but it's reasonably accurate

It is hoped that she will be visiting heli 1 at weston later this year if invited