PDA

View Full Version : Fraud runs in the family

in freedom
11th Apr 2017, 11:22
Fraud by clocking seems to be a generally accepted accounting principle for a certain Middle East Airline. Cars, pilots, .... same, same.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/airlines/emirates/2017/04/11/emirates-denies-criminal-problems-uk-chauffeur-car-company/

Airmann
11th Apr 2017, 14:23
Fraud by clocking seems to be a generally accepted accounting principle for a certain Middle East Airline. Cars, pilots, .... same, same.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/airlines/emirates/2017/04/11/emirates-denies-criminal-problems-uk-chauffeur-car-company/

Mate as much as I dislike the shaddy business practices in this part of the world I think blaming Emirates for this one is a little far fetched. This is a company contracted by Emirates to provide chauffer driven cars for passengers. What goes on inside the company really doesn't have much to do with the airline. But if this somehow validates your perceptions then good for you.

in freedom
11th Apr 2017, 14:55
On the surface you may be correct. But do you really believe they don't know their suppliers and enjoy the low prices?
How about the boys' working conditions who drive you to work? Not on EK contract but definitely under their control.

Airmann
11th Apr 2017, 19:01
On the surface you may be correct. But do you really believe they don't know their suppliers and enjoy the low prices?
How about the boys' working conditions who drive you to work? Not on EK contract but definitely under their control.

Firstly the 'boys' ****ty working conditions are more or less the same all over the third world. And every company in the world takes advantage of the slack labour laws outside of the West. All the big names including high tech giants such as Apple, whose contractor Foxcon, had to install suicide nets in their employees accommodation buildings in order to catch jumpers.

Now not saying that that gives us cause to let Emirates or anyone else in the world off for treating employees badly but in the grand scheme of things shady people turning back odometers.....

And honestly do you think Emirates has the ability to monitor every action of every employee of every supplier or contractor in the world that they work with?

I'm all for speaking up about ****ty working conditions. I am all for taking action to improve labour conditions in the third world. But your primary assumption that Emirates must have some how have known that this was taking place is far fetched. You seem to want this to be true to further validate and feed your rage. Yet I assume you still work for Emirates and are enjoying those many products made cheap for you by third world labour.

InnocentBystander
12th Apr 2017, 10:28
All the big names including high tech giants such as Apple, whose contractor Foxcon, had to install suicide nets in their employees accommodation buildings in order to catch jumpers.

Actually Apple is one of the most active companies to try to change this and increase oversight of responsibility in the supply chain. They've made huge strides in recent years:

Products made to have a positive impact. On the world and the people who make them (https://www.apple.com/supplier-responsibility/)

And honestly do you think Emirates has the ability to monitor every action of every employee of every supplier or contractor in the world that they work with?

Even the longest journey starts with the first step. EK isn't even remotely trying.

wannabe-aviator
17th Apr 2017, 08:22

The use of the term Middle East Airline is a bit touch and go, may I remind you that there is an actual Airline called Middle East Airline and its the national Carrier of Lebanon, you should use the proper term a certain "MIDDLE EAST CARRIER" as opposed to Airline to avoid any indirect misunderstanding and avoid one law suit in favour of another law suit.

As for Emirates using a certain vendor I would have thought such a big airline would have done due diligence and would have quality controls in place so they should for sure take the indirect blame for this shady vendor.

Many safe landings
WA:ok:

glofish
17th Apr 2017, 08:45
As for Emirates using a certain vendor I would have thought such a big airline would have done due diligence and would have quality controls in place so they should for sure take the indirect blame for this shady vendor

due diligence .... quality control .... take blame ..... in the ME??

Under what fossil rock have you been living up to now? :ugh:

wannabe-aviator
17th Apr 2017, 10:33
due diligence .... quality control .... take blame ..... in the ME??

Under what fossil rock have you been living up to now? :ugh:

Unfortunately in the Fossil rock of the Middle East via the UK sometimes, I blame the sun that's my excuse, I do believe said Vendor is still under UK Law hence the old bill are involved and I still believe said airline should take the blame.