PDA

View Full Version : South Africa Module 1 JAR

siclark
27th Nov 2001, 14:57
I have read a lot about flying in Florida over the last few weeks, but who has any experiances of flying in South Africa?

I know that they do not issue a JAA PPL and Night Rating, but are there any other pitfalls?

I have been looking at 43 Air School and Progress Flight Academy to get 150hrs experiance before doing my ATPL groudschool from Bristol...

BAEJ41
27th Nov 2001, 18:38
Hi Likeadove

I'm sitting at Flight Training College of Africa. Studing for my JAR ATPL. I must say it's very hard but the instructor's here are very good and not more than 4 days ago the UK CAA was here to renew there JAR PPL approvel and make a reguest inspection for an JAR Com (frozen ATPL) Approvel the JAR ATPL Ground School approvel is hold by Atlantic Flight Training in Coventry. My overall view of the school here is fairly good but like every school in the world, there are some small problems. You can not complain about the African weather it's perfect. Just for your info. the school have just recieved four new piper warriors and a piper archer lll with GNS420 or 430 I cann't remember the number :( But we are not allowed to them solo due to a accident with an old piper, this is an insurrance requerment. They say it's only temporaly.

Best regards
Kristoffer
if you whant any more details do not hasitate to contact me on [email protected]

[ 27 November 2001: Message edited by: BAEJ41 ]