PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff Heliport Open Day & Fly-In 9th April

Cardiff_heli
4th Apr 2017, 11:10
Afternoon all,
Cardiff Heliport will be hosting an open day this coming Sunday, 9th April. The facility will be open to the public and all visitors are welcome, including those who wish to fly in, with landing fees waived for the day in lieu of a small donation to the Wales Air Ambulance. The day will be an opportunity for visitors to see this great facility and meet the new tenants, including the Wales Air Ambulance, Whizzard Helicopters and Hover Helicopters. Training and charter operations are now available from the heliport and pleasure flights will be available on the day for anyone who wishes to see Cardiff from the air. Refreshments will also be available during the event.
If you’re interested in flying in for the day, please contact the management team at the heliport or book in via their website:
[email protected]
Cardiff Heliport - Located In The Heart Of Cardiff City (http://www.cardiffheliport.com)

Mike Flynn
4th Apr 2017, 19:16
Is that the old Julian Verity site?

Cardiff_heli
5th Apr 2017, 14:17
It is. The site is still owned by Cardiff Council, but the lease has now been taken on by the same owners as Caernarfon Airport in North Wales.

Mike Flynn
6th Apr 2017, 21:26
Happy memories of Julian and Veritair.

Is he still flying?

Welsh Wizzard
8th Apr 2017, 09:31
.................... no he is not still flying these days and “hung his flying boots up” for the last time some 36 months since. Nice of you Jay Sata to have such kind memories.

An opportunity of wishing the new organisation at Cardiff Heliport under Paul Stanfield all the very best for their Open Day tomorrow and especially the fortunes of the new generation in form of Captain Haydn Roberts of Hover Helicopters Ltd.

Mike Flynn
10th Apr 2017, 22:52
Hi Julian

Just found this old picture of me alongside you departing Pembroke Castle on a BBC jaunt.

We were all excited when you arrived with the 206 at Rhoose. What year was the above picture?

The first helicopter to be home based at Cardiff Wales.https://s27.postimg.org/jip7f4wpf/IMG_3420.jpg

I used to park alongside you in the old Red Dragon hangar. So sad to hear you have stopped flying.
You were a real pioneer in the 80's selling the idea of what a simple turbine helicopter could achieve.

Thanks to your influence I moved to Australia and fell in love with the Jetranger
https://s8.postimg.org/dcke5xhth/IMG_1634.jpg

Unlike most helicopter pilots I still love fixed wing as well though :-)

Welsh Wizzard
11th Apr 2017, 17:59
..................it was April 29th 1983.

Mike Flynn
14th Apr 2017, 20:23
Thanks for the picture date Julian.

You were a real pioneer of using the 206 in Wales. I loved that colour scheme.

Never flown one better.

So sad to hear you are not flying.

I remember your accident :-(

Despite my posts elsewhere it was lucky you were wearing the helmet and the clown suit

Have you totally stopped flying?