PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic Interview

Skydive Girl
10th Jul 2002, 15:16
Can anybody help me pleaseeeeeee????

I had an interview with Virgin Atlantic 2 weeks ago tomorrow and got selected from the Group Interview into the 2nd stage so now I am just waiting to hear back. They said I would hear within 2 weeks as to if I have got the position, but I have still not heard anything! Another girl who was at the same interview day found out on Saturday that she had got the position (well done Laura!:D ) but another girl Jennie found out today that she hadnt been successful (try again Jennie :confused: ), so now I am convinced that I havent been successful either as I am sure I would have heard by now?? Does anybody know if I would have found out by now if I did have it, and do I definitely have to wait another 6 months before I can apply again??? :confused:

AtlanticAngel
10th Jul 2002, 15:22
Hiya! :-)

It seems that Virgin don't have a set pattern of letting people know whether or not they have been successful. I attended an interview a couple of months ago and I got the bad news that I wasn't successful 2 weeks after my interview by letter. However 2 of the people I met at the interview had to call Virgin themselves 3 weeks after thye interview to see what was happening. They were both successful. I've also known of people who got phonecalls the same day or next day. It is so hard to know!

I know how horrible the wait is though! If you don't hear within 2 weeks I would advise you to give them a call. In the meantime keep yourself as busy as possible and it would do no harm to keep looking for alternatives.....just ncase. ;-)

Good Luck!
:-)

Skydive Girl
10th Jul 2002, 15:29
Thank you very much for replying AtlanticAngel! I just dread looking at the mail everytime it comes in just in case there is a rejection letter! I could call my friend who works for VA already and is currently working in the Recruitment Dept of all places as she is pregnant so she is grounded but I feel bad for involving her and I dont know if she will know or not and part of me doesent want to ring her in case she does know and its bad news (I know I am a coward arent I?!)

Anyway, thanks again and I shall just have to be patient and call them direct if necessary! :D

Are you going to apply again?

High as a Kite
10th Jul 2002, 21:24
There's no harm in being proactive and giving the recruitment department a call. If the post in your area is anything like mine then the letter could have got lost!

If you're not successful on this occasion then it's worth giving it another go in six months.

Before "dickflys" jumps in and tries telling you not to bother, let me say I really enjoy my job so it's worth persevering through the recruitment process.

Good luck!

:D