PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Anniston for publicity? No thank you. You only need a pilot.

The.Humble.Guy
29th Mar 2017, 10:11
thBF7Jo9siU

flyinthesky
29th Mar 2017, 11:15
The power of free publicity! And genuine human feeling. Unfortunately lost on companies in this region. Its all about the millions in sports sponsorship!!

We could do so much more and much more powerfully!

PanAmFalcon
29th Mar 2017, 11:41
lol if that was emirates they'd pass on the warning letter to the pilot and the little kid 😂

Dune Buggy
29th Mar 2017, 13:42
If that was Emirates you could not have had the electronics to film the boy in the flight deck!��

Monarch Man
29th Mar 2017, 14:11
In order for this to happen anywhere there needs to be an element of humanity and humility, both are sadly lacking in the corporate echelons at EK. Imagine a smiling EK pilot taxying "dangerously" close to the fence so their wave could be seen, now imagine the warning letter, the safety "investigation" and the "resignation".
Now imagine a company culture built on trust and mutual respect, correct, it'll never happen.

littlejet
29th Mar 2017, 14:49
I always wave back to the spotters although not opening the window and provided it is not a 3am departure...

Plank Cap
29th Mar 2017, 16:57
I always like to wave too, especially passing EGHQ, coming around the corner on taxiway J, approaching the Bravo stands. I use two fingers and aim my wave at the top floor offices........:ok:

4runner
29th Mar 2017, 19:26
I've opened the window...

nolimitholdem
29th Mar 2017, 23:41
Wave away....
I always like to wave too, especially passing EGHQ, coming around the corner on taxiway J, approaching the Bravo stands. I use two fingers and aim my wave at the top floor offices........

hahah! You beat me to it. I too used to fling a cheery salute at the geniuses at EGHQ, although I favoured the North American variant that only requires the single longest digit.

I guess you could call it a wave...? :}

Nice story. Does illustrate the contrast between the cheerless drudge of EK and well, other places.

Cantbebothered
4th Apr 2017, 13:07
I always like to wave too, especially passing EGHQ, coming around the corner on taxiway J, approaching the Bravo stands. I use two fingers and aim my wave at the top floor offices........:ok:

:ok::D:O Hilarious!

Farrell
11th Apr 2017, 08:45
Reminds me of the BA 1-11 crew who used to give the chaps in a certain regional tower the "salute" during taxi - and the controllers would quite animatedly reciprocate the gesture with fingers of their own.
On the captain's last day, mid "up-yours", he made an announcement to pax along the lines of "If you care to look out the left hand side of the aircraft you can see the very nice people in XXXX Tower".