PDA

View Full Version : Schriener Ops

Iso
10th Jul 2002, 01:06
Can anyone give me contact details on Schriener, and their current operations. Any guys working there now with comments
please give me a rundown on what it is like. Cheers.

Dutchman
10th Jul 2002, 10:54
From what I have heard Schreiner restructuring and downsizing its fixed wing ops. Most of their Dash 8 pilots have already found work elsewhere. Other Dutch companies are also looking into taking over their contracts in Africa.

See contact details on site:

http://www.schreiner.nl/

tally
11th Jul 2002, 06:16
I am familiar with their ops in Nigeria. They operate under the name aerocontractors, with both fixed and rotary wings ops. Currently, operate 4 dash 8-300 and 1 -100. Last 2 twin otters are being retired, and the possibility of a 5th -300 is rumoured to be in the pipeline. I know they have smaller ops in Chad and cameroun. You can check them on www.aerocontractors.nu

soggyboxers
11th Jul 2002, 12:46
Iso,
Are you asking about their fixed wing or rotary wing operations?

They have 4 Dash 8s and a few Twin Otters based in Lagos and are not downsizing as they now have a licence to operate scheduled services between Lagos, Warri, Port Harcourt and Abuja. They don't have many expat pilots on fixed wing any more though. One thing to be aware of in Lagos is the number of armed robberies, which is on the increase. The ACN staff house in Lagos was hit by armed robbers 5 times last year!

They need pilots for their rotary wing operations, having a fleet of 2 AS355s, 2 S76B, 1 S76C+, 1 SA 365C2, 3 SA 365N2 and 5 SA365N. All but the Twin Stars are based in Port Harcourt and the majority of the flying is 2 crew oil support operations to flow stations in the swamps and to platforms and rigs offshore. The accommodation in Port Harcourt is very basic, though being improved. There are not as many armed robberies there, but there is always the possibility of being hijacked as has happened to numerous Bristow and ACN helicopters. Communication (or rather the lack of) with the outside world is pretty dreadful, though they are trying to set up some kind of satellite internet access for e-mails from guys laptops.

If you want any more info just send me an e-mail.

Iso
16th Jul 2002, 01:04
Soggy,

Thanks for that. Yep, I am only fixed wing. So the Rotary is out for me. I had a mate I was in contact with at Camaroon, but I have since lost his address, and he was pretty impressed with the operation, but had to do 3 weeks in Camaroon, then 1 week in Chad, then out for four weeks. It sounded pretty good.

The word I heard recently is that the fixed wing ops are winding up, because of the lack of contracts, and as you have indicated in your post it appears to be from other Dutch companies going in for the cut.

No doubt they will reduce the terms and conditions for the pilots. Any tips, pls let me know.

Regards,