PDA

View Full Version : Daddy has just bought me a new Porsche, God I am the luckiest person alive!!

Crash Barrier
26th Nov 2001, 20:13
Faints.......

bow5
26th Nov 2001, 20:16
Now now. The green monster is alive and well I see. ;)

clear prop!!!
26th Nov 2001, 20:38
No one more bitter than the man who has failed in his lifes ambition!?

200V AC, 3 Phase, 400 Hz
26th Nov 2001, 20:43
My daddy gave me a gold Rolex. (shame because I wanted a silver one)

DOC.400
26th Nov 2001, 20:46
Been watching 'Friends' then? ;)

spitfire747
26th Nov 2001, 21:06
lucky

can you lend me the spare wheel to pawn for my flying career !

200V AC, 3 Phase, 400 Hz
26th Nov 2001, 23:10
Spitfire old boy you can have my Gold Rolex it cost over 20K, My Daddy will just buy me a new one, gosh I am so lucky.

TAF Oscar
26th Nov 2001, 23:13
If he really loved you it would have been a Ferrari.

Shame.

wheels up
26th Nov 2001, 23:31
My daddy loves me more than your daddy. My daddy bought me an airline so that I won't have to do that horrible job search thing that the poor children have to do. Then again I think being a racing driver could be really fun so maybe I will do that instead..

Wee Weasley Welshman
26th Nov 2001, 23:39
Crash Barrier - its very sad that a grown man takes the time and expense to start a thread like this.

I'll let it stand merely to provide testimony to your good self.

Cheers,

Busta Level
26th Nov 2001, 23:56
Never mind Crash,

Better you drive the Porsche than waste your money trying to be an airline pilot.

No-one would want to fly with a sad fu@*er like you anyway.

Jealousy is a very ugly thing...

[ 26 November 2001: Message edited by: Busta Level ]

Whirlybird
26th Nov 2001, 23:58
Crash Barrier, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I think you are sick, pathetic, childish, snobbish (inverted snobbery is still snobbery), and a complete waste of space. If I were WWW I'd have deleted this thread. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

rahaney
27th Nov 2001, 00:20
I agree with WWW.

I would let this thread stand to show you that jealously and the internet are a fatal combination.

DB6
27th Nov 2001, 00:53
Have I missed something? Who gives a fu*k? Now if it had been an Aston, well then that's different.....

Sensible
27th Nov 2001, 01:34
Don't understand this money thing.

Money isn't the root of all evil. The quest for it and the uncontained jelousy of those people wilthout it is!!

200V AC, 3 Phase, 400 Hz
27th Nov 2001, 02:06
come on then lets all start fighting again. After all we are all grown up here and we can all take a joke......well I can, and I do, can you? :D

Busta Level
27th Nov 2001, 02:13
Thems fightin' words boy...

You care to step outside? :D

There are jokes, and there are troublemakers, and I don't like the look of CB. Reckon he should be given 'till sundown to saddle-up and mosey on 'outta here..

Otherwise we'll round up a posse and drive him out by sunup.

(as you can tell, I am very,very bored)

Funkie
27th Nov 2001, 02:47
Can someone delete this drivel

englishal
27th Nov 2001, 03:28
ha ha ha ha ....this thread is great entertainment. Some people should lighten up a bit !

spitfire747
27th Nov 2001, 03:47
i do agree, i think those who work hard for what they want, appreciate it in the end.

I know by the time i get to the right seat, i will deserve it and bloody well appreciate

[ 27 November 2001: Message edited by: spitfire747 ]

basil fawlty
27th Nov 2001, 04:54
I cannot believe the arrogance and ignorance of many repies to this thread. So you think it is right that someone with rich parents, prepared to subsidise a flight training course, is more worthy of an airline career eh?? Why don't you go off and be a barrister or accountant? I think that would suit you better....and consequently let the real talent shine thru!!!!!
P.S I have no axe to grind here, I have a flying job!

rahaney
27th Nov 2001, 06:15
I personally don't think that the guy thought what he was posting would cause this type of reply.

Anyway I think that he shouldn't have said it as obviously some people will and have thought he was being arrogant and bragging.

Regardless of how you get your job i'm sure we all can make better use of our time and stop slagging other pilots off due to their good fortune or misfortune.

I respect all of you being any type of pilot as I am, and I think all wannabees should stick together especially at this time.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

NOT INTENDED TO CAUSE ANY TYPE OF OFFENCE.

Whirlybird
27th Nov 2001, 14:00
Moderators, this thread is:

a) nothing to do with aviation whatsoever
b) bringing out the worst in people
c) boring and stupid

Could it please be deleted or moved to Jet Blast.

Crash Barrier
27th Nov 2001, 14:10
Whirlybird= Chopper pilot (supposedly!) who can't get it up!

200V AC, 3 Phase, 400 Hz
27th Nov 2001, 15:48
This thread was not a take on the people who’s mums and dads give them money towards flying training it was a light hearted **** take, I think. It always amazes me how highly stung some people are on this site and how almost every thread ends up in a slagging contest, I am guilty of this too but not when it comes to trivia like this. I had a go at WWW once about being negative about the job prospects in the future but it was constructive and concerned an important issue. People who can’t take a joke tend to be the people that are not really suited to a multi crew flying job. How many people have you met when training that are unsociable can’t hold a conversation and who always appear to do their own thing? How many people have you trained with that are arrogant to the extent that they are rude and are the last person alive you would want to spend time “co-operating with on the flight deck”.

I fall in to the group of people that when training are sociable, easy to chat with, no chip on shoulder, get on well with instructors, students, and ops staff, in other words “communicating well at all levels” I make friends easily and I think people enjoy my company.

Are you like me? Or can’t you take a joke.? Oh and if you had trouble deciding that this thread was a joke then your comprehension of the English language is not that up to speed.

Anyway all meant in a light hearted way no need for damming responses.

Cheers….
;)

laurie
27th Nov 2001, 16:44
Exactly 200V!

Now if anyone is getting shirty, please remember that the UK is tops for Entertainment - go see a stage show, Edmonson and Rik Mayall (spieling!) for a laugh or any of the good shows currently on, and just have a good time. Continue to work at your job, keep the money in the bank earning interest and train when you pick the time.

No need for Grrrrr!

As Jack Nicholson said in 'Easy Rider',
We are all in the same cage...

Wee Weasley Welshman
27th Nov 2001, 16:50
OK. Thats enough bandwidth.