PDA

View Full Version : Is S76D approved by EASA for offshore work?

capt tosspot
8th Mar 2017, 16:41
Hi all, I am trying to find out if EASA have cleared the D for offshore oil and gas work. All I have so far is that it was cleared for VIP work. I know Bristow had some but did they they actually used them in UK?

Also - does anyone have an update on the EASA proposal on pax having access to at least a type IV window exit? Last I heard was it was still under discussion.
Thanks

212man
9th Mar 2017, 12:50
I don't think so. If uou look at the TCDS it is only certified for two seating configurations, one of which is stated to be a VIP fit and one which is inferred to be (6 pax in cabin). https://www.easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/TCDS_EASA_IM_R113_S76_Issue_03_25May2016.pdf

Seating arrangements:
- for 7 passengers maximum (1 in cockpit, 6 in cabin) defined by Sikorsky drawing 12076-00D000 have been approved by EASA. These arrangements are shown in the loading information section of the approved RFM. Additional seating arrangements or related passenger provisions may be approved in accordance with the Certification Basis.
- for 9 passengers maximum (1 in cockpit, 8 in cabin) defined by ODA-TC-76-222 (DeLuxe VIP Interior) have been approved by EASA. These arrangements are shown in the loading

capt tosspot
13th Mar 2017, 22:51
Thanks 212Man - are there any recent or current S76D pilots who can help?
I am also interested in whether the D can work cat A helipad from rigs i.e. elevated helipads.

Any IM welcome!

erang5
22nd Aug 2023, 12:06
Hi

Does S76D have Cat A performance charts?
Is it IOGP 690 compliant?
Does it fly Offshore somewhere?
any info may help

Thx

212man
22nd Aug 2023, 12:59
Hi

any info may help

Thx
It does, or certainly did, fly offshore in Thailand and Nigeria (and GoM and Brazil?) Not IOGP 690 compliant I think - for one thing its certification basis is earlier than amendment 45 of FAR Part-29.

JokersWildMk.2
22nd Aug 2023, 13:56
It does, or certainly did, fly offshore in Thailand and Nigeria (and GoM and Brazil?) Not IOGP 690 compliant I think - for one thing its certification basis is earlier than amendment 45 of FAR Part-29.

Hi

any info may help

Thx

It has charts titled Category A Vertical Operations from Ground Level Heliport, as well as Cat A horizontal takeoff charts. We had no issues with it in Thailand.

Heard say Brook Aviation in Israel were looking at a D.

212man
22nd Aug 2023, 14:23
It has charts titled Category A Vertical Operations from Ground Level Heliport, as well as Cat A horizontal takeoff charts. We had no issues with it in Thailand.

Heard say Brook Aviation in Israel were looking at a D.
Those profiles are for onshore, but I assumed that the OP was asking about RFM offshore Cat A procedures, as per the C+/++?

JokersWildMk.2
22nd Aug 2023, 14:30
Those profiles are for onshore, but I assumed that the OP was asking about RFM offshore Cat A procedures, as per the C+/++?

Correct, they are not the same as the Vertical Cat A Supp 8 and 9 procedures we used on the C+ in Macau (if that is in fact what the OP is after).

unknown.mp3
25th Aug 2023, 06:34
I was informed it is not approved under EASA due to the primary emergency exits for the AFT passengers not meeting the spec. for a Type IV emergency exit?

212man
25th Aug 2023, 07:37
I was informed it is not approved under EASA due to the primary emergency exits for the AFT passengers not meeting the spec. for a Type IV emergency exit?
I believe that's true, hence my post 2 above that shows the seating configurations approved in the TCDS.

unknown.mp3
25th Aug 2023, 07:58
From recollection, Sikorsky iFly iPad app has performance charts and data metrics for offshore takeoff profiles specifically.

helihub
25th Aug 2023, 11:31

Not GoM, Not Brazil, but it does fly offshore in Trinidad & Tobago with NHS and India with Pawan Hans.

Sir Korsky
25th Aug 2023, 12:11
Those big old GOM bubbas can't get out of those little windows.

JokersWildMk.2
25th Aug 2023, 19:38
Not directly applicable to the OP's thread title, but timely all the same.

Final Investigation Report on Accident involving Pawan Hans' S76D helicopter (http://aaib.gov.in/Reports/2022/Accident/Final%20Investigation%20Report%20of%20accident%20involving%2 0Pawan%20Hans%27%20S-76D%20helicopter%20bearing%20registration%20VT-PWI%20at%20Mumbai%20off-shore%20on%2028%20June%202022.pdf)