PDA

View Full Version : Planes and Trains

Dropp the Pilot
5th Mar 2017, 15:33
Someone I was flying with said they regularly flew into Dusseldorf and then went onward by train from the airport to their home in Belgium. Is there a good/trustwohy website where a ticket like that can be bought in advance?

The Outlaw
5th Mar 2017, 16:48
Dropp,

That is not possible. That would be against the OM-A (assuming EK) and therefore not allowed.

I think he was telling you porkie pies.

MrMachfivepointfive
5th Mar 2017, 17:11
Out of DUS? Try www.bahn.de

Cantbebothered
5th Mar 2017, 17:19
Dropp,

That is not possible. That would be against the OM-A (assuming EK) and therefore not allowed.

A large percentage of Lufthansa crew do this daily. Not everyone lives in Dusseldorf.

Emma Royds
5th Mar 2017, 21:56
Dropp,

Or rather it's possible, it's just a case if one wishes to. Given the excellent transport links around Benelux and Germany, it's hardly surprising to see.

ExDubai
5th Mar 2017, 23:17
Someone I was flying with said they regularly flew into Dusseldorf and then went onward by train from the airport to their home in Belgium. Is there a good/trustwohy website where a ticket like that can be bought in advance?
With the Thalys it's a 2:15 hour ride from the main train station to Brussels. To Liege it's only 1:30. Try www.thalys.com