PDA

View Full Version : Bell 206B3 ARC Renewal Ideas?

irish seaplane
4th Mar 2017, 14:05
Hi,
Posting this enquiry for a friend of mine who is in a jam. He has an EI reg Bell 206B3 that has just had a quite extensive annual done, something in the region of 30k. The annual was signed off by a part 66 engineer. Now he can't get anyone to do an ARC renewal. Anyone he has asked wants to do both the ARC and the Annual.

I told him to try Tony at Walton Woods. Cant seem to get anyone who will do it. Anyone here any ideas of who to go to? The heli is in Shobdon.

Irish

jeepys
4th Mar 2017, 15:37
Wow. Expensive annual. Major component issue or just a tired machine?
Try GB engineering/ helicopters near Sherburn in Elmet. Not entirely sure they can help but well worth a call? I used to fly a heli maintained by Glenn Burley and can certainly recommend them.
Good luck.

Hughes500
4th Mar 2017, 17:25
Try Jon at Red Kite Helicopters

irish seaplane
6th Mar 2017, 12:06
Thanks for the two leads. We will be calling them today. I think there were some component changes on the engine, not sure what it was. It's a good machine and he needs it back. Help much appreciated.

krypton_john
6th Mar 2017, 19:35
Expensive? Not even.

I've seen customers charged more than that to empty the ash tray on an AW139.

ScotiaQ
6th Mar 2017, 20:14
Pity your friend didn't write both the Annual and ARC into the Maintenance Contract. Then he wouldn't have this problem.

As a previous ARC signatory, it makes ensuring the airworthiness of the machine much easier when the aircraft is in pieces.

Sq

TOT
6th Mar 2017, 21:46
Who was the engineering company , why cant they do it?

Efirmovich
7th Mar 2017, 06:37
I cant see any respectable engineer wanting to put his name on an ARC unless he thoroughly goes through the Aircraft again. Another corner cutting exercise that has gone wrong by the looks of it !

E.